Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Poppybeau
    • By Poppybeau 4th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Poppybeau
    Part time worker redundancy pay
    • 4th Mar 18, 6:51 PM
    Part time worker redundancy pay 4th Mar 18 at 6:51 PM
    Iím currently working a part time position and will be redundant at the end of April 2018 and have received confirmation of what my payout would be.

I have two secenarios which Iím not sure of and wondered if anyone had any advice.

If I were to gain another part time job on different days to my current employment And start straight away would this effect my redundancy payout? I wouldnít be leaving my current employment would just be working two jobs until my current one ends.

Second question is would taking a days leave to attend an induction day with my new employer effect my redundancy payout? I would be paid by the new employer for the induction day

Thanks
Page 1
    • BaldEagle
    • By BaldEagle 8th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    BaldEagle
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    Hi,

Did you receive anything else with the confirmation of payout (i.e. terms of the redundancy)? Have you signed anything yet?

In my personal experience, I couldn't have any other job lined up at the point I signed the agreement. The reason given was because the redundancy payout was based on the me being out of work so the money was to compensate the lack of income.

Once I signed the agreement, I was free to commit to a new employer. A number of people I worked with started new jobs on the Monday after redundancy.

My view would be to check the terms of your redundancy agreement before committing to the new job.
    • spadoosh
    • By spadoosh 8th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 5,191 Posts
    • 6,994 Thanks
    spadoosh
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    • 8th Mar 18, 2:38 PM
    I was working two part time jobs when made redundant. There wasnt an issue but id declared the second job years before. Finished the saturday and started full time on the monday.

Speak to your employer, best getting confirmation before risking it.
    Don't be angry!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

149Posts Today

1,651Users online

Martin's Twitter