IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC-Reference Number Not recognised

Options
Hello.
I received a windscreen parking charge from UKPC last week.
I have gone online to appeal but the reference number/Registration plate is not recognised, meaning I cannot proceed..

I have checked with the other login options, if I was to go ahead and pay the fine at paycharge but again the ref No/Reg No are not recognised.

Can I assume that the ticket was issued but somehow not been uploaded to their system? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have read through the threads but can't find anything that relates to this!
My options are to ignore completely or send an appeal through the post.

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Cheers.:)

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why are you going to pay UKPC? They are fraudsters, read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

Also, moves are afoot to put these dishonest companies out of business, watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

Whether you pay or appeal, you should complain robustly to your MP, whatever you may have done will not have cost them £100.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    I have seen something similar with UKCPS.

A number of PCN's were issued, some appealed, some not. Those that were appealed did not appear on their system. Those that were ignored were still live.

It was believed that the land owner in this case had stepped in due to complaints in the first month that UKCPS had taken over that particular site.

I would get screen shots if I were you showing that the PCN is not recognised just in case you need it as 'evidence'
  • perpetualboy
    Options
    I guess paying these things has become a habit for most of us!
    It's partly to do with the way that I am wired. I worry a huge amount, so would rather it be gone.
    I figure that if their system can't recognise my reference number then it's pointless worrying.
    I will take screenshots!Good idea.
    Thank you for your time.
  • bluetoffee1878
    Options
    Also read the newbies thread and follow the appeal advice for a windscreen ticket

These are BPA I believe so the object is to get a POPLA code and beat them at that stage
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess paying these things has become a habit for most of us!
    It's partly to do with the way that I am wired. I worry a huge amount, so would rather it be gone.
    Seriously? You would actually PAY UKPC?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73819719#post73819719

REALLY? Pay THEM?!!

Come back when you get a Notice to Keeper next month, and assuming this happened in England/Wales, then send the usual template appeal in the NEWBIES FAQS thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure