Smashed one of double glazed

HELP smashed inside of my double glazed window. How can I safely take the inside pane out without breaking the outer pane which isn't cracked? Have a 15inch whole with cracks spidering out from it to the frame any advice very welcomes thanks

Comments

• You!!!8217;re going to need an entirely new glazing unit unfortunately.
  • Thanks its just I've got a wee boy n wanted to take all glass out as window won't be replaced till next week landlord nightmare so just wanted safest way to take glass still in withdrawn smashing through other pane
  • glasgowdan
    glasgowdan Posts: 2,967 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The unit shouldn't be too expensive to replace. Leave it as it is and call a window fitter.

Tape cardboard up against it to stop the wee chap getting about it.
  • You!!!8217;re going to need an entirely new glazing unit unfortunately.
    Sorry just saw how to reply properly
  • Have heavy duty plastic taped the whole thing. Its 6ft x 4ft it has two smaller opening 3ft x_6inch windows at the top any idea of price used or new
  • lindze
    lindze Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I have just had a fogged up unit changed, the unit replaced was around 3ft x 3ft and this was £69 inc fitting.
  • Cheap to replace although £69 seems VERY cheap for a company to come out, measure up, make a new IGU and then return to fit. If you can get it done for £69 I would snap their hand off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure