Child Tax Credits Renewal - Did I miss it

Options
Hi

I submitted a claim for child tax credits on 11th April 2017, which was awarded and is in payment.

I have never received a renewal pack, and it slipped my mind that there was even a renewals process until now and I see that the deadline was, of course, 31 January 2018!

My question is, as I only started claiming this tax year, was a renewal due, or does that start from next year?

I did login to the system in May to notify them of a pay increase I received, but that wouldn't count as renewal would it?

Just trying to figure out if I need to be calling them at lunch to try and sort this out!

TIA

E x
February wins: Theatre tickets

Comments

• Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    You won't be asked to renew until the tax year has ended which isn't until 5th April 2018. You'll be sent a renewal between April and June.
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    Hi

I submitted a claim for child tax credits on 11th April 2017, which was awarded and is in payment.

I have never received a renewal pack, and it slipped my mind that there was even a renewals process until now and I see that the deadline was, of course, 31 January 2018!

My question is, as I only started claiming this tax year, was a renewal due, or does that start from next year?

I did login to the system in May to notify them of a pay increase I received, but that wouldn't count as renewal would it?

Just trying to figure out if I need to be calling them at lunch to try and sort this out!

TIA

E x

DS is right - but the deadline is 31 July. The 31 Jan deadline is only for people who could only give estimated income by 31 July.

IQ
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thank you both. Panic over!
    February wins: Theatre tickets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing