kindle fire

Options
have a kindle fire I am looking to download films to it to watch on aircraft but don't really want a film site where you pay monthly as it wouldn't be worth it only want to download a couple of times a year is there such a site where you just pay for each individual film you download ,also would I have to download them to my laptop then transfer them to kindle fire thanks

Comments

• DavidJatt
    Options
    I think google play store will let you download one film at a time. If not you could try a subscription and just cancel when you no longer need it.
  • martinthebandit
    Options
    Don!!!8217;t think a kindle fire can access google play but amazon have plenty of films to buy and download.
  • DavidJatt
    Options
    Don!!!8217;t think a kindle fire can access google play but amazon have plenty of films to buy and download.
    Ah yes that's a good point!

For our wedding, we subscribed with Amazon Music and then just cancelled a few days afterwards for the same reasons you don't want a subscription. Worked really well for us so worth a try.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Don't think a kindle fire can access google play

Oh yes it can. ;)

Films downloaded to your PC can easily be copied across to your Fire and then watched on it. Just make sure you have a suitable Movie player (e.g. VLC) app for the format of the film.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can buy one-off downloads from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Video/
    Recent releases are about £9.99 and you own them forever (like a DVD), older titles can be cheaper. Or you can rent them and you then have 30 days to start watching and 24hrs to finish. Rentals are cheaper, more like £4.
    You can buy/rent directly from the Amazon video app on the Fire tablet and download to watch offline.
    Or subscribe to Amazon Prime for £79 a year to watch as much as you like from older titles (new releases are not included. Plus free Amazon delivery and you can rent books for free and some music. Therefore if you were looking to rent 20+ titles that are on Prime then a subscription can be cheaper. Or subscribe then cancel and use the free trial period.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure