Hardship on UC

Options
Hi.
I have appointment on friday to fill in hardship claim.
How soon can i get money ?

Cheers

Comments

• WhenIam64
    WhenIam64 Posts: 1,052 Forumite
    Options
    The main information is here

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/661730/adml1.pdf

You will see your visit may require you to provide additional information so it will depend on how quickly you supply the further information they may need.
    L1031 Initial contact is most likely to be
    1. over the phone to the Contact Centre or
    2. in person at the JCP office.

Claimants will then normally be required to attend an appointment at their local JCP
    office to provide further information and evidence in support of the application.
    Unlike some here, I am not omniscient. If I am wrong correct me. I won't take offence.

The law is like an ocean - have a swim but don't drown.
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So you have a UC claim and you were sanctioned ?

This is a hardship recovery loan ?

Not sure they do these face to face in job centres for obvious reasons. I.e safety of staff.

Normally you have to phone UC service centre and run through the details. If you qualify, you can get the money paid into your Bank Account the same day.

Why not phone UC and check the process ?
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,486 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    If the OP has an appointment to fill in a hardship claim form I presume they have already been told what additional information they need. The form will probably have to go to a Decision Maker for a decision on entitlement. Most other benefit advances are decided on the same day so I guess this will be the same. If that is the case the money would be in the bank by midnight that night.
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,823 Forumite
    Options
    Don't think there is any form as such. It is a DWP advisor asking questions. They check whether the claimant qualifies and if so the payment is agreed.

Normally payments like this are never handled in job centres. The PCS union is against this for staff safety reasons.

Local councils have various hardship offerings and they have forms that need to be completed. Perhaps it is a council appointment and not UC ?
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • Bum2018
    Bum2018 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2018 at 12:22PM
    Options
    I phoned service centre but was told I cant get hardship until i reengage with work coach. So she phoned me and I see her on Friday PM and she'll do hardship paperwork.

Also,i got my last payment on Jan 3rd. Sanction started Jan 5th so I go no payment on February.

If I get money on say the Friday night,how much will it be ? Is it backdated ?
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    Options
    You probably won!!!8217;t get the money straight away and also I!!!8217;ve read online you should apply within 15 days of your sanction so your way over that now
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    Options
    You must be able to prove that you are likely to suffer hardship or you are vulnerable.

You are in a vulnerable group if, for example:

You or your partner are pregnant
    You are caring for a severely disabled person
    You are responsible for any dependent children
    You or your partner are aged 16 or 17 and are in hardship
    You or your partner have a chronic health condition or disability
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• Bum2018
    Bum2018 Posts: 77 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know all about the hardship times,what I need to show.prove etc...

I just need to know how long it takes once Ive given the evidence.
  • BorisThomson
    Options
    If your application is successful you'll either receive it immediately or on your next normal payment date. You should be given the decision at the end of your interview.
  • Catnip63
    Options
    At the job centre you will complete a hardship form UC10 that is then looked at by a decision maker, officially they have 24 hours to make that decision. if it's awarded to you the money is paid direct to your bank. When you attend your appt you will need a full bank statement dated that day
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure