Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Marie.thubron
    • By Marie.thubron 12th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Marie.thubron
    Square opening made into a traditional door
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    Square opening made into a traditional door 12th Feb 18 at 2:54 PM
    Hi,
    I have a bought a new build house and the layout is a open plan kitchen with a square opening through to the living room. I want to close the large opening and replace it with a door frame and a door. The opening is 188cm wide and the height of the opening is to the ceiling of the kitchen, I think a stud wall will need to be built to close the opening and a stud wall built from the ceiling down to be able to build the door frame. The wall is made out of breeze-blocks.

Does anyone have any idea of how much this would cost to do?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 12th Feb 18, 4:36 PM
    • 8,079 Posts
    • 8,933 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:36 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:36 PM
    1-2k but you will need Building Regs permission from the council and this may not be granted depending on the room layout (ie the kitchen and living room might not be able to be subdivided and still comply with ventilation and fire escape requirements.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin