Received a cheque fron Egg but used Claims Guys

Hi folks. Just a quicky. I used claim guys to check my PPI as I don't have the time myself, had very disjointed info, and many potentials although I could not recall any PPI.

Claims Guys did a great job insisting on trying many suppliers I had no idea about.

Anyway I received a cheque from Canada Square Operations a few days ago. I haven't heard from Claims guys again. Can I assume they have their commission or will I get a demand from them at some point? I had assumed they wouldn't risk letting their cut go through the client.

Just don't want any surprises. If anyone knows I'd be very grateful. :beer:
I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:

Comments

• No - you'll need to pay them out of the proceeds.
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No - you'll need to pay them out of the proceeds.

Thanks zx81. I thought so as they didn't mention giving anything to Claims guys but a bit odd CG seem a bit slow.

Anyway 700 pounds out the blue will be very useful. :beer:
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    You employ the claim company and you pay them. Most firms will not send the money to the claims company as the claims companies do not operate client accounts and do not have ringfencing.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    srcandas wrote: »
    Hi folks. Just a quicky. I used claim guys to check my PPI as I don't have the time myself, had very disjointed info, and many potentials although I could not recall any PPI.

It takes the same amount of time to send a letter/fill out an online form to the claims guys as it does to send to the lenders directly. So you haven't saved any time and now have to pay a large chunk of it to them for them simply forwarding the information you sent them.

Also i never believe the excuse "i don't have the time" lets say it takes you 30 minutes to contact all lenders by online forms and sending letters. Do you really not have 30 minutes to spare ever? Do you never watch TV, read a book or do some other leisure activity for 30 minutes?.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure