Home Emergency -damaged flat!

Options
Dandytf
Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 9 February 2018 at 10:54PM in Insurance & life assurance
/QUOTE]What a botched attempt at removing my front door lock Tues evening
I thought I was in safe hands when I lost my home keys and called e-sure home Emergancy
Thankfully they assigned a company engineer to remove my lock and gain entry to my flat
Appprox60-90 mins later and multiple tools crowbars etc and the lock budged and was removed -refer to photos to seee my internal hall wall seriously damaged with this unlock attempt-beyond belief.
Anyway the local company are not taking any responsibility, I’ve raised a damage claim via e-sure int turn with Axa who are home emergency insurers for esure.
No call or addition yet -Surely it is reasonable to expect the damage to be repaired -also front door panel since has 2 parts damaged either side of lock.
Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    Options
    No pictures?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Whenever you are unhappy with your insurer the route to go down is to make a complaint.

Then if you are unhappy with the response (or they ignore you for 8 weeks) you can escalate this to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you
  • Dandytf
    Options
    No pictures?

Via iphone+ipad pro10.5
    Another mser’s helped me upload pics from a previous thread though I’ve forgot the app I require to upload and produce URL for the photos, If you want to advise I’ll happily upload photos -some good new is that I did manage to e-mail photos to esure home emergency.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Whenever you are unhappy with your insurer the route to go down is to make a complaint.

Then if you are unhappy with the response (or they ignore you for 8 weeks) you can escalate this to the FOS for their adjudication at no cost to you

Excellent Quentin , at least I have the 1st part of your kind advice in progress initially via the 3rd party company -which was declined verbally which led me to raising complaint via esure home emergency who accepted photos via e-mail and raised the complaint via Axa Customer Relations.
    I’ve been making 1 call per day -possibly receive an update from Customer Relations Mon 12th Feb.
    The 2nd route you mention -I assume is via financial-ombudsman
    I’ll ceartainly keep that in mind lets’ hope I’m not ignored for 8 weeks though your mentioned next step allows me to continue to work towards getting the damage repaired.

Thanks mser’s!
  • Dandytf
    Options
    Rec! call from customer relations-not accepting liability for their damage.
    Quick call to f.o.s kindly advised to raise a complaint once I have final response letter from insurance company.
  • Dandytf
    edited 10 February 2018 at 6:33PM
    Options
    https://imgur.com/gallery/UpdJU

Photos via iPhone SE/iPad Pro
    Thanks macrumours for the upload app recommendation

Since arranged plasterer to repair damage-quoted 80 pounds-possibly Feb end.
    My cost unless F.O.S. Follow to a reasonable solution next few months
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure