Help!

Options
I recently purchased a Hard Drive Bay for my 2TB Hard Drive online from CeX. When it arrived, I plugged it in using the provided cables, slotted in my hard drive and sat back in excitement. Then smoke began pouring out. Both my hard drive and the Bay are now fried. My questions are:
I purchased the item using a voucher, but can I get a refund in cash as it was faulty?
and
Am I able to get CeX to cover the cost of a new hard drive and data recovery for my old one as the failure was as a result of an inadequate power supply they provided?
Thanks for your help! Henry

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HenryGuest wrote: »
    I purchased the item using a voucher, but can I get a refund in cash as it was faulty?
    No. You will be refunded by the same payment method you used to purchase.
    HenryGuest wrote: »
    Am I able to get CeX to cover the cost of a new hard drive and data recovery for my old one as the failure was as a result of an inadequate power supply they provided?
    Good luck claiming consequential loss..
  • NotRichAtAll
    Options
    end of the day they provided you with what you ordered, it was in my opinion down to you to do you homework before you go plugging it all in. Personally i think you will struggle to get anything back from them.
  • HenryGuest
    Options
    The power supply they provided is not the one the item would originally shipped with. The fault originated form there, so as such had nothing to do with me not doing my homework. I ordered a hard drive bay and was never told a 3rd party power supply or any other cable would be included.
    As such is this as a result of CeX's negligence to include the right power supply?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Confused .
    What sort of power supply .
    You bought a Hard Drive Bay .
    Did this include a built in power supply .
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It's not unusual for an external HDD caddy to have its own PSU.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure