Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Snowedunder
    • By Snowedunder 7th Feb 18, 1:24 PM
    • 165Posts
    • 39Thanks
    Snowedunder
    Lloyds are nasty
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:24 PM
    Lloyds are nasty 7th Feb 18 at 1:24 PM
    I was hospitalised prior to Christmas, and family sent letters to all banks advising of this. My Lloyds payment for current account and Credit Card were a few days late, what with Christmas shut down, although paid in prior to Christmas, they did not post to accounts until after Christmas by which time I had started to receive the telephone calls, in hospital. January's payment was made on time, but I had written to them advising of ill health and to please bear with me.

Result, 2 letters advising I was now with debt department and loads of forms for private medical information together with them wanting my personal finances. They had also closed my credit card even thought my balance was less than my credit limit. Calls to telephone coming every day.

These are the figures as shown today. My current account has £4.04 available and my credit card is under the limit and my payment is due 15th February (it says to include any missed payments but I have not missed one). The payment due - £4.72!!!!!.

Have you seen their latest advert about how understanding they are with anyone having problems - it needs reporting to Advertising authorities.
Page 1
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 7th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 3,840 Posts
    • 5,274 Thanks
    Nick_C
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:44 PM
    I've found Lloyds to be very good. But my CCs are set to be paid by DD, so if I was hospitalised my affairs would still be in order.

You say Lloyds have asked for information about your medical problem and your finances, so it does sound like they looking at your complaint.

Let's hope they do treat you sympathetically, but it might be best to reserve judgement on Lloyds until they have completed their investigation.
    • Gazza9999
    • By Gazza9999 7th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Gazza9999
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 1:49 PM
    Complain. ask for ask a final letter for your complaint then escalate to the FOS.
    • Snowedunder
    • By Snowedunder 7th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Snowedunder
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    Thanks for responses. Yes, I do have everything set up by Direct Debit, but sometimes there has to be some 'manual' transfers as 'monthly and calendar monthly' don't always work with my figures, and pay days being a State Pensioner
    I have not made a complaint as such, so perhaps now is the time to do so. I have been paying down my credit card as I do not use it, only as a backup, but each time I get down by £100 they then reduce my limit by £200 which I have always thought a bit 'nasty' as there has never been a problem, and yes, I do have a small overdraft which used to attract a £6 monthly charge, but I got a shock when seeing all the daily fees they have added on, but even so, I still covered everything monthly and on time. I was paying enough to also bring down the overdraft, but now with these new charges, they have eaten into overdraft and put it back up by the new charges, very upsetting to move the goal posts so to speak!
    • Snowedunder
    • By Snowedunder 13th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Snowedunder
    • 13th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 8:34 PM
    After all the above, last week, I made another formal complaint, and the very next day, I had a letter 'upholding' my first complaint. Should I wait for another letter regarding the 2nd complaint or accept the first letter as 'final' decision. Just a reminder that I do not and cannot use a telephone so writing is the only way for me.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 14th Feb 18, 4:31 AM
    • 3,662 Posts
    • 945 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:31 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 4:31 AM
    After all the above, last week, I made another formal complaint, and the very next day, I had a letter 'upholding' my first complaint. Should I wait for another letter regarding the 2nd complaint or accept the first letter as 'final' decision. Just a reminder that I do not and cannot use a telephone so writing is the only way for me.
    Originally posted by Snowedunder
    Looks like that's their final decision so your next step is the financial ombudsman. But I wonder how successful you will be. It's clear from your opening post that you did not adhere to the T&Cs for your account.

Overall I have got on very well with Lloyds Bank for the last four years. The one and only time I have had cause to complain the problem was settled the same day and they paid me 25 quid for the inconvenience.
    • TheBanker
    • By TheBanker 14th Feb 18, 5:28 AM
    • 618 Posts
    • 1,562 Thanks
    TheBanker
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:28 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 5:28 AM
    Originally posted by Snowedunder
    If they upheld your complaint, this means they agree they were in the wrong. How are they proposing to put things right?

If your second complaint was a repeat of the first one, they won't issue a different decision. If the second complaint raised different issues then they should issue another letter addressing these new points.
    Make £10 a day challenge: Jan-18: £330 / £400
    • MABLE
    • By MABLE 14th Feb 18, 10:26 AM
    • 3,543 Posts
    • 1,859 Thanks
    MABLE
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:26 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:26 AM
    I have been with Lloyds for about 34 years and apart from the beginning because the Bank manager did not like me (thats what the sub manager told me in confidence) he refused me a permanent overdraft on my account.

However for the past 33 years I found them nothing but helpful and have always been supportive on any credit facility I have requested.

Also with my cc accounts I have dd's set up for all but normally pay manually but prudent to have them as a back up in case something got wrong.
    • shortcrust
    • By shortcrust 14th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 1,971 Posts
    • 2,931 Thanks
    shortcrust
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    I'm struggling with this. I'm not clear on what when wrong in the first place, why it went wrong, what the bank then did in response, what the complaint(s) is/are and what the OP wants to happen next.
    • Missus Hyde
    • By Missus Hyde 14th Feb 18, 1:53 PM
    • 359 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    Missus Hyde
    I have been with Lloyds for about 34 years and apart from the beginning because the Bank manager did not like me (thats what the sub manager told me in confidence) he refused me a permanent overdraft on my account.

However for the past 33 years I found them nothing but helpful and have always been supportive on any credit facility I have requested.
    Originally posted by MABLE
    Weíve also been with Lloyds since the year dot and whilst theyíre not saints (but certainly no worse than any of the other banks) and Iíve had the odd little spat or two with them (but always got my own way in the end! ) by and large Iíve always found them quite helpful.

I'm struggling with this. I'm not clear on what when wrong in the first place, why it went wrong, what the bank then did in response, what the complaint(s) is/are and what the OP wants to happen next.
    Originally posted by shortcrust
    Iím also struggling with this enquiry as well (same points as above)?
    It's a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known........Sydney Carton.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,043Posts Today

8,356Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Quick #eng pre-match poll. What result do you predict?

• I agree this glitch wasn't flights for 1p it was flights for c. £200 - I think many would've expected that to be th? https://t.co/QUTnlBLPkj

• Was the BA fare glitch fair? Are you one of those let down by BA cancelling cheap flights to Tel Avivandr Dubai? H? https://t.co/PvN8Zaxbue

• Follow Martin