IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Smart Parking - Milton Keynes

Hello!

Newbie here!

I've read through the newbie thread and would like some confirmation...

I know I've left this late but here goes! I received a PCN from SmartParking on the 10th of January 2018 for exceeding the "3 Hours Maximum" stay on the 15th of December 2017. I've had a look at the terms and conditions of the car park which completely contradicts the "3 Hour Max" term / condition. The terms and condition signage of the car park states "This Parking contract shall for the entire agreement between the parties" But does not state a length of stay period. (So i believe i'm covered there)

I've read that for a postal PCN which is claiming keeper liability (Which i believe this is) needs to be received within 14 days of the infraction. Is this correct?

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Smart parking is a scammer (Official) watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and them complain robustly to your MP.

It looks as though they may be out of time to use POFA, have you read the stickies?
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 February 2018 at 1:14PM
    By my calculations, today is day 29 for your initial appeal, so should have been sent yesterday at the latest (according to their/BPA made up rules.)

Send the appeal template from the NEWBIES thread online now, exactly as it is with no editing. If there was no windscreen ticket then add a one liner that the NTK arrived too late to transfer liability to the keeper, so they should pursue the driver, who you are not obliged to name.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Thank you for such quick replies!

I will add (Unless advised otherwise) to the dispute: As there was no windscreen ticket I believe the NTK arrived late.

Thanks for the help so far!
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    You have to pay to park in Milton Keynes nowadays? Jeez, the only reason to go to Milton Keynes years ago was for the free parking.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Hennerss wrote: »
    Hello!

Newbie here!

I've read through the newbie thread and would like some confirmation...

I know I've left this late but here goes! I received a PCN from SmartParking on the 10th of January 2018 for exceeding the "3 Hours Maximum" stay on the 15th of December 2017. I've had a look at the terms and conditions of the car park which completely contradicts the "3 Hour Max" term / condition. The terms and condition signage of the car park states "This Parking contract shall for the entire agreement between the parties" But does not state a length of stay period. (So i believe i'm covered there)

I've read that for a postal PCN which is claiming keeper liability (Which i believe this is) needs to be received within 14 days of the infraction. Is this correct?

There is a previous post on this plus the appeal made and won by another member only 2 or 3 months ago. Do a forum search using "Milton Keynes" or "Food Centre".

Actually, 3 hours free parking is a pretty good deal for any large town centre.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    You have to pay to park in Milton Keynes nowadays? Jeez, the only reason to go to Milton Keynes years ago was for the free parking.

Now it's the Electric Vehicle charger capital of the UK.
  • Thanks for the reply Guys Dad.

I did a previous google / forum search on it before and had noticed them. I posted more for clarification on the 14 day keeper liability issue.

Obviously i have made a mistake in submitting the appeal late, but just wondered if the keep liability would work in my favour.

I'm actually a regular of this car park, so was pretty annoyed with myself when i realized i had overstayed... as it's just proven to be a huge headache!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure