Ppi help please

Options
Hi!
I had ppi which I can prove for upto six years ago with cc statements
I have have had it since 1998/1999.
When I was young I maxed out my cc many years ago 8.7k and stupidly let it run for years, I stupidly destroyed the older than 6 years statements as I was ashamed of them.
I can recover most of my bank statements for the life of my bank account (not cc) but these tell what I paid each month to my cc which can be backed up by the current cc statements.

My questions are:

Can I prove I paid the ppi further back than the 6 years on the cc statements?
The bank account statements show the amounts going out to be in proportionally the same each month (given interest and ppi etc)

Or do I have no hope and lost those years?

Please help.
50 is fast enough to kill you and slow enough to make you think it's safe

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You need to send your complaint reasons to the lender.

If they uphold your complaint but have no records of your payments, that would be the time to start sending off copies of your statements.
  • savage
    savage Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    You need to send your complaint reasons to the lender.

If they uphold your complaint but have no records of your payments, that would be the time to start sending off copies of your statements.

So there is hope?
  • societys_child
    Options
    There may be hope, but what are your reasons for complaint? Why did you not complain at the time if you think the policy was of no use to you?
  • savage
    savage Posts: 27 Forumite
    edited 7 February 2018 at 1:02PM
    Options
    There may be hope, but what are your reasons for complaint? Why did you not complain at the time if you think the policy was of no use to you?

As stated I was ashamed then later I didn't think I could claim.
    I went to the bank last week to get a very old bank statement and they said they have all hard copies at head office which I have now ordered plus I didn't want to try and get something wrong which could ruin my chances.

The reason is when I had the cc I was told outright that I wouldn't get it unless I had it with ppi. I know this seems convenient however I do vividly remember that.
  • dozydi
    dozydi Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 7 February 2018 at 2:42PM
    Options
    I have recently received monies from mis sold PPI on both loan and bank account the earliest being February 1998. I didn!!!8217;t have the statements but the bank were able to help with account numbers etc and were very helpful. As long as your reason for not needing the PPI is genuine, employment status etc they will assist you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure