Delivery I cancelled

Options
Hello, first time posting ever so hope I'm doing this right!!
Beginning of January I ordered new sofas online from a well know UK retailer. Got an email confirming the order and payment etc, then advised a 3rd party deal with the delivery and would be in contact. Unfortunately less than a week later I had a problem with my car and needed the money so I cancelled the sofa order with the retailer (had not had any contact from the 3rd party delivery company) and then received a cancellation confirmation email too. Few days later checked my credit card and noticed payment had been taken and subsequently refunded too. Thought no further of it until a few days ago when I received an email saying the sofas were going to be delivered on 7th Feb. I tried to call the company to cancel but they said it needs to be cancelled by the retailer. I called the retailer and they advised it was cancelled and they could do no more. I'm just wondering where I stand *if* these do actually get delivered tomorrow. I'd very much like new sofas, and am also now in a financially stable position to afford them too if the retailer ask for payment. Can anyone advise?? Thank you.

Comments

• SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    klm232 wrote: »
    Hello, first time posting ever so hope I'm doing this right!!
    Beginning of January I ordered new sofas online from a well know UK retailer. Got an email confirming the order and payment etc, then advised a 3rd party deal with the delivery and would be in contact. Unfortunately less than a week later I had a problem with my car and needed the money so I cancelled the sofa order with the retailer (had not had any contact from the 3rd party delivery company) and then received a cancellation confirmation email too. Few days later checked my credit card and noticed payment had been taken and subsequently refunded too. Thought no further of it until a few days ago when I received an email saying the sofas were going to be delivered on 7th Feb. I tried to call the company to cancel but they said it needs to be cancelled by the retailer. I called the retailer and they advised it was cancelled and they could do no more. I'm just wondering where I stand *if* these do actually get delivered tomorrow. I'd very much like new sofas, and am also now in a financially stable position to afford them too if the retailer ask for payment. Can anyone advise?? Thank you.

If you want them and they turn up, keep them.

The retailer will be able to pursue you for the payment, so keep the money aside in case they do.

In the name of being moral, you should probably ring them when you get them and let them know you haven't paid. You could just keep quiet though and hope they don't say anything in the six years they have to claim payment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure