Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • P2P
    • By P2P 6th Feb 18, 3:25 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 5Thanks
    P2P
    Car Sales - Fraud
    • 6th Feb 18, 3:25 AM
    Car Sales - Fraud 6th Feb 18 at 3:25 AM
    Hi

I m looking for some advise.

I have raised a MCOL to request a car firm returns a deposit on a car i was going to buy but they are refusing. Basically the car needed some jobs doing before i was prepared to buy it and left a deposit on the basis this work would be done but it wasn't.

From their website i have taken the address details and raised a small claim to get my money back and they haven't responded within the time frames allowed, so i have requested judgement.

Having now checked the companies address this is in fact different to where the car was seen and so i checked the details of their vat reg number and FCA. The vat and companies house details are somewhere completely different but the FCA registered address is the same as the car viewing address.

Can the small claim be re-directed to the car viewing and FCA registered address to ensure notice is served on the business that they owe this money as currently the companies website address which is who i raised the claim with does not exist!!

Any help would be appreciated.
Page 2
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 7th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    I believe my post did address the OP and reiterated the useful advice he had already received. Not policing anything however the two posts in question were clearly not called for. The forum is here to help people, not ridicule them. If long standing members treat new members like that, those new members won't hang around for long.
    Originally posted by weejangus
    Itís not all about what you believe. Others have their beliefs too.

If you have an issue report anything you find that contradicts your beliefs and don't derail the thread.
    • AndyMc.....
    • By AndyMc..... 7th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 1,379 Posts
    • 935 Thanks
    AndyMc.....
    You know something, a smiley would've completely changed the way I read your comment. I apologise for misinterpreting what you said. Initially, I thought it was sarcasm at the OP's expense which is why I reacted the way I did - a similar thing happened to me on my first post (along with the usual "You're a newbie therefore must be Dark Matter"). It almost put me off returning.

Both yourself and Jim are well established forum members and your comments within the forum are usually very helpful and well meaning. Thanks for clearing that up, I can enjoy the forum again!

Thatís true and we all know you havenít been him for ages.
    • P2P
    • By P2P 7th Feb 18, 4:27 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    P2P
    There was a stipulated timeframe for the repairs yes and this was not met, hence asking for the deposit back.
    • debtdebt
    • By debtdebt 7th Feb 18, 6:11 PM
    • 455 Posts
    • 298 Thanks
    debtdebt
    The title to this thread is "car sales-fraud"
    The seller of the car took a deposit for a vehicle and stated that certain work would be carried out before the car was collected and paid for in full.
    This work wasn't carried out and as it appears to be the case that the seller isn't refunding the deposit then I see it as a clear case of fraud.
    Originally posted by George Michael
    It's not fraud. It's breach of contract ie a civil matter hence why the OP has issued proceedings in a CIVIL COURT. Do you think the Police will be interested in such a matter?
    • weejangus
    • By weejangus 8th Feb 18, 12:06 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    weejangus
    Itís not all about what you believe. Others have their beliefs too.
    Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    I was responding to your question about "having anything useful to add to the thread" (which, incidentally, was not a very useful contribution). I simply advised you that I believe my comment to have been relevant and useful to the OP - therefore answering your question. Why are you trying to twist my words by insinuating I am only concerned about my own beliefs? I never made an issue of what others believe - each to their own.

If you have an issue report anything you find that contradicts your beliefs and don't derail the thread.
    Originally posted by AndyMc.....
    ...says that guy that has, again, derailed the thread. At least my post also addressed the OP's issue - more than you've done by the way.

This has never been about anyone contradicting anyone else's beliefs. This was about sticking up for a new member and we have already established that previous comments were made in good humour however could have been interpreted as sarcasm at the OP's expense.

Maybe try reading the comments in full and in context next time before making wrong assumptions.
    • Warwick Hunt
    • By Warwick Hunt 8th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 1,153 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Warwick Hunt
    I was responding to your question about "having anything useful to add to the thread" (which, incidentally, was not a very useful contribution). I simply advised you that I believe my comment to have been relevant and useful to the OP - therefore answering your question. Why are you trying to twist my words by insinuating I am only concerned about my own beliefs? I never made an issue of what others believe - each to their own.

...says that guy that has, again, derailed the thread. At least my post also addressed the OP's issue - more than you've done by the way.

This has never been about anyone contradicting anyone else's beliefs. This was about sticking up for a new member and we have already established that previous comments were made in good humour however could have been interpreted as sarcasm at the OP's expense.

Maybe try reading the comments in full and in context next time before making wrong assumptions.
    Maybe you should apply to moderate the board.
    • P2P
    • By P2P 7th Mar 18, 7:36 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    P2P
    Just to let you all know, we won our MCOL claim plus interest and then initially didn't get paid

I requested a warrant and he finally dropped off a cheque which now cleared.

Just a shame he couldn't have done this in the first place.

Can we name Garages here (this Forum) so others are aware and careful to avoid any further issues in the future?
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 7th Mar 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1,071 Posts
    • 1,207 Thanks
    treboeth
    Name&shame if there is a problem MSE will remove it.
    Well done on the result.
    • P2P
    • By P2P 17th Mar 18, 6:36 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    P2P
    Any digs or opinions aside I won my case and not only did I get my money back but the interest set daily as he failed to respond so judgement was entered and a warrant issued. He choked and paid up
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

122Posts Today

1,699Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin