Received the dreaded PIP .1043 Form....So stressed

I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me as I'm writing this email on behalf of my partner.

He has multiple disabilities, including depression, physically deaf and also does not sleep well. I am his carer, although I don't claim any carers allowance.

To cut a long story short, he applied for pip just under a year ago and received the highest care component and low mobility component for 3yrs.

He's now received the PIP 1043 form and I don't know where to start or how to fill it in. This is very stressful as it feels like we have to go through everything again.

He wasn't supposed to be reviewed until end of 2018/19, so I'm just wondering if he's received Is this because of the recent announcement by government that they'll be reviewing all pip cases again due to the court judgement?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    billymitch wrote: »
    I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me as I'm writing this email on behalf of my partner.

He has multiple disabilities, including depression, physically deaf and also does not sleep well. I am his carer, although I don't claim any carers allowance.

To cut a long story short, he applied for pip just under a year ago and received the highest care component and low mobility component for 3yrs.

He's now received the PIP 1043 form and I don't know where to start or how to fill it in. This is very stressful as it feels like we have to go through everything again.

He wasn't supposed to be reviewed until end of 2018/19, so I'm just wondering if he's received Is this because of the recent announcement by government that they'll be reviewing all pip cases again due to the court judgement?

It could be because of the new PIP ruling that's just been announced. You're actually not the first person i've heard that's recieved this form well before their actualt review is due. I would give DWP a quick call tomorrow just to ask why he's been sent that form before his review is due.

As for filling it out, even though it's tick box questions i would still answer them with as much detail as possible. Use extra paper if need be. Then send in the evidence along with the form. Good luck.
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    billymitch wrote: »

What were the exact dates of the award on his letter?

IQ
  • Alice_Holt
    Alice_Holt Posts: 5,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Some info here:
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/help-with-your-claim/help-with-your-pip-review-form/

https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3593-pip-renewal-risks-and-how-to-reduce-them

Do you have a copy of the original form?
    Even if nothing has changed, I might be inclined (having ticked the No Change box) to put something like "Because of my depression / [other specified condition], this activity remains difficult for me because........and I cannot do it reliably for the majority of the time.......I still need prompting to...... etc"
    I would tend to agree with B & W - "So, we would argue that the safest course of action is to give as much evidence as possible, both your own and supporting evidence, including medical evidence, regardless of what the DWP advise."
    Alice Holt Forest situated some 4 miles south of Farnham forms the most northerly gateway to the South Downs National Park.
  • OP if the review was due end of 2018 its not unusual that they would send this out this early, I can't see it being anything to do with the recent court victory.
  • bexy_v
    bexy_v Posts: 355 Forumite
    most renewals come about a year before the end date of your award...so my mums was until oct 2018 she had her renewal form deadline in nov 2017, face to face in january and awaiting decision x
    Competition Wins 2017: Humans Boxset : £25 Cheque, Lego Batman Goodies
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,931 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    The OP said that the award was just under 1 year ago and it was for 3 years. Unless they have to dates completely wrong, i doesn't sound like the usual review 1 year before the award is due to end. This would make it far too early.

OP i'd advice you to have a look at the award letter to see exactly when the award is dated to and what the review date is.
  • bexy_v
    bexy_v Posts: 355 Forumite
    wasnt sure on their dates said renewal wasnt due to the end of 2018 or 2019 which two different years, if its end of 2018 it makes sense its been done now but not 2019 like you said. Guess it depends like you said on the award letter.... hope the OP can get it sorted good luck x
    Competition Wins 2017: Humans Boxset : £25 Cheque, Lego Batman Goodies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport