Interest on Tax Rbate

Options
Good Afternoon,
could somebody out there please help.My husband was due a tax rebate in Sep 2014.

The accountant who applied and got the rebate paid into his account on the 19/09/2014.

He kept hold of that money until 26/01/2018.

Can anybody give me a figure of what you think I should have got after waiting over 3 years to be paid.

Thanking you in Advance.

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If I recall correctly, courts usually apply an interest rate of 8% for delayed repayment of a debt.

A few years ago I got that (without asking) from NS&I on the difference between the interest it had paid me and the interest it should have paid me due to an error in its calculations.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,206 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    could somebody out there please help.My husband was due a tax rebate in Sep 2014.

The accountant who applied and got the rebate paid into his account on the 19/09/2014.

He kept hold of that money until 26/01/2018.

Can anybody give me a figure of what you think I should have got after waiting over 3 years to be paid.

Thanking you in Advance.

You asked this question a couple of days ago. Didn't you like those answers?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787082
  • maureenbulman
    Options
    Sorry about that badger09,ive just come back on the site and didnt know how to view the replys....Thats why i posted it again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure