Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maureenbulman
    • By maureenbulman 5th Feb 18, 3:18 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 0Thanks
    maureenbulman
    Interest on Tax Rbate
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:18 PM
    Interest on Tax Rbate 5th Feb 18 at 3:18 PM
    Good Afternoon,
    could somebody out there please help.My husband was due a tax rebate in Sep 2014.

The accountant who applied and got the rebate paid into his account on the 19/09/2014.

He kept hold of that money until 26/01/2018.

Can anybody give me a figure of what you think I should have got after waiting over 3 years to be paid.

Thanking you in Advance.
Page 1
    • alanq
    • By alanq 5th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 3,968 Posts
    • 2,578 Thanks
    alanq
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    If I recall correctly, courts usually apply an interest rate of 8% for delayed repayment of a debt.

A few years ago I got that (without asking) from NS&I on the difference between the interest it had paid me and the interest it should have paid me due to an error in its calculations.
    • badger09
    • By badger09 5th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 5,941 Posts
    • 5,281 Thanks
    badger09
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 3:38 PM
    Good Afternoon,
    could somebody out there please help.My husband was due a tax rebate in Sep 2014.

The accountant who applied and got the rebate paid into his account on the 19/09/2014.

He kept hold of that money until 26/01/2018.

Can anybody give me a figure of what you think I should have got after waiting over 3 years to be paid.

Thanking you in Advance.
    Originally posted by maureenbulman
    You asked this question a couple of days ago. Didn't you like those answers?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787082
    • maureenbulman
    • By maureenbulman 5th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    maureenbulman
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:03 PM
    Sorry about that badger09,ive just come back on the site and didnt know how to view the replys....Thats why i posted it again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,832Posts Today

8,341Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin