Buy a new dog bed. Recommendations?

Options
Wanting to purchase a new bolster style bed for our Cavalier. So far come up with Orivs.co.uk but incredibly expensive and some reviews not too brilliant. Have also looked at PetPlanet.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated please. Many thanks.

Comments

• LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Pages and pages on Amazon.
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    Pages and pages on Amazon.

Yes I had lookedbut not what I was looking for ie A bolster bed.
    Many thanks anyway.
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you get what you pay for
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ board to the ‘Pets & Pet Care’ board, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've previously recommended Kumfipet beds but sadly they've closed up in the past year. Try Bunty pet products (https://www.buntypetproducts.co.uk/dog-beds.html) and see if they've got the kind you are looking for. I've only bought the delux soft bed from there but am very happy with it for the cheap price.

My dog is getting on in years now so I recently splashed out on something more expensive for him as he was struggling to get up out of his old bed, and due to the almost perfect reviews, went for the PetFusion memory foam bed on Amazon: (link is to small bed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/PetFusion-WATERPROOF-112x86x25cm-orthopedic-Replacement/dp/B017J9KKJ0/
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks mac.d. I hadn’t seen those Amazon ones but it is definitely the shape I was looking for. One question - I don’t need a waterproof one but wondered if it does rustle? Many thanks.
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It doesn't rustle, I'd say its more water repellant than water proof so the material is softer than the plasticky waterproof of some beds. I use a fleece blanket so its the blanket that gets wet as its easier to wash regularly. You can use a wet cloth to give the bed a wipe down though, and the entire cover can come off to wash too. It is very expensive (though not as bad as those Orvis beds!), but I think I can see why it gets such good ratings.
  • katglasgow
    Options
    My dog has been getting a bit of arthritis and we bought him a wolfy bed for Christmas which he loves it's very comfortable and the whole cover comes off for washing. We got a good deal by picking a colour that is being phased out.
    Me debt free thanks to MSE :T
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always loved the look of zippy dog beds

Zooplus do one like the amazon one linked above but my dogs had shredded the cover in two months and they don’t do replacements so waste of £70.

I am debating between a zippy and a tierlando (search amazon) but I have two staffy dogs so in the interim I’ve got a cheapo xxl one from amazon and a memory foam slab under it (from the zooplus one)
    Sigless
  • Freddie_Allen
    Options
    try chewy.com
    I used this site to buy a dog bed. They have some beautiful collections of dog beds and many other pet accessories.
    HNY:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport