Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sherrykake
    • By Sherrykake 22nd Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sherrykake
    Post Office Loan
    • 22nd Jan 18, 4:36 PM
    Post Office Loan 22nd Jan 18 at 4:36 PM
    Does anyone have any experience in applying for a loan from Post Office?

I applied on Saturday evening and was told that the application was approved and signed the loan agreement online. I then received an email from the Post Office confirming that the money would be in my account within 48 hours.

I have today phoned them just to confirm when Iím likely to receive the money, theyíve advised that it can take up to 7 working days and they will need to send the loan agreement out in the post and I will need to send it back to them before the funds are received. The person I spoke to confirmed that they had received my signed loan agreement yet said everything still needed to be done by post. Thereís nothing within my email saying itíll take this length of time, if I knew it was going to take so long I wouldíve applied elsewhere.

Does anyone know which is correct? Am I likely to receive the money within the 48 hours or am I going to be waiting 7 working days? I canít seem to get a straight answer out of the Post Office. I have a feeling the person I spoke to was maybe getting mixed up with when loans arenít approved immediately online.

Has anyone else had a loan approved online from the Post Office?

Thanks in advance...
Page 1
    • venison
    • By venison 22nd Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    • 2,528 Posts
    • 2,844 Thanks
    venison
    • 22nd Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    • 22nd Jan 18, 8:42 PM
    48 hours sounds extremely quick and 7 days perfectly reasonable.
    Thanks for stopping by, have a good day/night/week/weekend/life
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 23rd Jan 18, 8:55 AM
    • 4,473 Posts
    • 1,636 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 23rd Jan 18, 8:55 AM
    • 23rd Jan 18, 8:55 AM
    3 - 7 days is the usual norm unless its your own bank then its usually minutes from acceptance
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 23rd Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 7,444 Thanks
    Ilona
    • 23rd Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    • 23rd Jan 18, 9:54 AM
    2 days - 7 days, what's the rush? Are you in desperate need? If you are struggling with cash flow you could go over to the Debt free Wannabe board and post up your S O A, and the good people on there will help.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    • Kimfisher01
    • By Kimfisher01 24th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kimfisher01
    • 24th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    • 24th Jan 18, 12:40 PM
    Have you heard anything since? I am in the same situation, I got told on email ''congratulations your money is on it's way to you, will be in your account within 2 working days'' this was last Friday morning and still nothing! I signed the agreement online and had nothing in the post.
    Did yours say 'approved' or the same as me ''congratulations''
    Has yours been sorted now?
    Thank you
    • Sherrykake
    • By Sherrykake 28th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sherrykake
    • 28th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    • 28th Jan 18, 10:06 AM
    Thanks for some of the replies... I was only asking if anyone had personal experience applying for a loan from the Post Office.

Kimfisher01 - the money arrived within my account within the 48 hour period initially stated by Post Office.

Ilona - the rush was to retrieve the item I was buying with the money from the loan. Debt Free Wannabe did not seem a suitable place as I was clearly not ‘debt free wannabe’ by taking out a loan!
    • tetley
    • By tetley 30th Jan 18, 2:02 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    tetley
    • 30th Jan 18, 2:02 PM
    • 30th Jan 18, 2:02 PM
    I got a Post Office loan last year, in my bank within 48 hours, but I applied on a Monday, did you apply midweek or weekend? Maybe that is the cause of the delay
    • shadowgazer
    • By shadowgazer 30th Jan 18, 4:23 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shadowgazer
    • 30th Jan 18, 4:23 PM
    • 30th Jan 18, 4:23 PM
    Hi, I took out a small loan with the Post Office around two years ago as part of a home improvement. We got especially low interest as my partner works for them. Overall it was a pretty standard, except late last year where i'd paid off the loan, but they still took a monthly payment.. fortunately I got that back (good thing I'd noticed)
    • Robert1234
    • By Robert1234 9th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Robert1234
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    • 9th Apr 18, 9:28 PM
    Hi guys i applied for a post office loan got the agreement out and signed it and uploaded it. Got email tonight to.say to ring them.they would like to talk to me why would they do this
    • Rafflestiltskin
    • By Rafflestiltskin 16th Jul 18, 6:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rafflestiltskin
    I applied for a loan online last Thursday and was accepted and signed the agreement online. I immediately got an email which said Congratulations your money is on its way and should be in your account within 3 working days but it hasn't reached my bank account yet. Should I be worried?
    • Rafflestiltskin
    • By Rafflestiltskin 16th Jul 18, 7:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rafflestiltskin
    Hi just wondering if you got your money? I'm in the same situation you were. ..
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 17th Jul 18, 12:06 AM
    • 25,318 Posts
    • 12,548 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    I applied for a loan online last Thursday and was accepted and signed the agreement online. I immediately got an email which said Congratulations your money is on its way and should be in your account within 3 working days but it hasn't reached my bank account yet. Should I be worried?
    Originally posted by Rafflestiltskin
    Do the maths - what time Thursday did you apply - even if it was morning then 3 working days after is Friday Monday TUESDAY.
    If it was late it could be Wednesday.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
    • foxy-stoat
    • By foxy-stoat 17th Jul 18, 9:43 AM
    • 3,041 Posts
    • 1,711 Thanks
    foxy-stoat
    Anyone else thinking theres a lot a new posters on here discussing Post Office loans and wonder if some of them work for the PO marketing department?
    • Rafflestiltskin
    • By Rafflestiltskin 17th Jul 18, 3:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rafflestiltskin
    I did think Tuesday, however, the money is still not showing in my bank, despite having received a text message from my bank to say that a new direct debit has been set up by Bank of Ireland (lender)!
    • Reemorg23
    • By Reemorg23 7th Sep 18, 12:58 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Reemorg23
    Post office loan help
    I applied for a post office loan about 2 weeks ago. It was accepted straight away and I was told a copy of my contract would be sent in the post, for me to sign and date and uploads via a link emailed to me.

5 days later I received the paperwork and I signed and dated and uploaded it like they asked.
    I havent had any response or fund in my account?
    • zx81
    • By zx81 7th Sep 18, 1:02 PM
    • 19,380 Posts
    • 20,709 Thanks
    zx81
    Originally posted by Reemorg23
    Get in touch?
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Sep 18, 4:30 PM
    • 32,931 Posts
    • 20,738 Thanks
    DCFC79
    I applied for a post office loan about 2 weeks ago. It was accepted straight away and I was told a copy of my contract would be sent in the post, for me to sign and date and uploads via a link emailed to me.

5 days later I received the paperwork and I signed and dated and uploaded it like they asked.
    Originally posted by Reemorg23
    You contacted them yet ?
    • PRAISETHESUN
    • By PRAISETHESUN 11th Sep 18, 5:13 PM
    • 441 Posts
    • 214 Thanks
    PRAISETHESUN
    I'd be phoning them - Bank of Ireland (the bank who Post Office uses to offer their services) is notorious for their poor customer service and slow actioning of things
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

93Posts Today

2,059Users online

Martin's Twitter