PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast

Options

Comments

• TM6
    TM6 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 7

I blame Martin for my spending today! :money: (thanks for the heads up on the Boots 70% off sale)

My daughters love Soap and Glory and it would have been rude not to have joined the party.

So why do I feel so guilty?

Happy Friday everyone
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 8

My 2nd NSD (No Spend Day) - really pleased especially since today is a Saturday.

AND I've nearly finished my tax return - wahoo :dance:
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much was in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like but the world may be a little bit better because I was important in the life of a child."
  • TM6
    edited 24 January 2018 at 6:50AM
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 9

Another great day.

We had a lovely couple of hours this afternoon at Tate St Ives using our locals pass.

Only spend was with Groupon today - £8.50 for our family to go to Carnglaze Caverns in April. Dead chuffed

Hope you have all had a super weekend :D
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 10

Well that's a first! Going supermarket shopping for a few items and actually only coming out with those said items

Rock on with my new regime!
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 11

Without question having a determined reason for this financial fast is making the challenge SO much easier. My daughter's wedding in the US drives me to make this challenge work.

I know it is only Day 11 but I am feeling very resolute.

So how did my day go?

Apart from bread my only expenditure was £8.15 on items that I am going to sell on ebay to generate more cash...wish me well :D
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 12

A brilliant day for 2 reasons

1. Another No Spend Day

2. Flights and accommodation booked for NYC :j

Wishing you an awesome day today
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 13

:rotfl: I'm on a roll - another NSD - 2 in a row :rotfl:

How is everyone else doing? :D
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 14

WOW! Two weeks of this challenge has flown by!

Another good day - our only spend was a night out at one our local churches for film night which including ice cream and coffee cost £6

:beer:
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 15

A VERY low spend day - just bread and a pamper foot set from our local British Heart Foundation shop.

I like shopping in charity shops as it helps my money go further and I'm supporting great causes.

How is everyone else doing?
  • TM6
    Options
    Fiscal Fast Day 16

Wahoo - another NSD, my favourite kind of day :j

I'm REALLY pleased with how I'm doing but there is a downside!
    I LOVE bargain hunting BUT the easiest way not to spend is not to go anywhere near the shops in the first place! and I love, love, love shopping! I am going to have to find something else that also gives me the same buzz?

Any thoughts?

P.S. It is quite lonely being the only poster at the moment....do you want to join the party?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure