IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MyParkingCharge

Options
Hello,

I've have recently received a car park ticket from a company by the name of "MyParkingCharge.co.uk" To cut a long story short. I hadn’t any change for ticket, so knowing i had 10 minutes to obtain a ticket and display i went into Icelands for change it was also empty so i quickly grabbed an item and paid and quickly left. This had taken about 8 mins in all from pulling up and parking and coming back to the car.

When i got back i found the card on my windscreen. So i looked for the car park operator who placed the card on my car "who couldn't be found" Anyway for the last two days i have been trying to access and view the details of the recorded contravention for the card on the website.https://excel.zatappeal.com and no information avalibel. Do i just wait until i'm sent something through the post?

Thanks

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 and learn how to deal with a ticket from an IPC operator.

You haven’t received a ticket yet, the card on your windscreen is a warning that one is on the way, either from Excel of VCS (sister companies). You should get the ticket within 14 days of the parking event. A few things to do while you wait for the Notice to Keeper to arrive.

1. Read, as above, as the more you know and understand, the better you will deal with this.

2. Go and take photographs of the signage on site - positioning (especially in relation to where you were parked) and, importantly, the wording of the signs (especially in relation to the 10 minutes provided).

3. Go to Iceland and complain that a genuine customer is being subject to harassment from their agent and ask them to intervene and get this cancelled - this is likely the only way to get the charge cancelled quickly.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    MyParkingCharge.co.uk

You've searched this forum for that, before posting, we assume? Been discussed to death in 2017, no need for more threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure