The only way is up!

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    Options
    :hello: came to say good luck with your journey. That loan sounds painful. I agree with what the others have said about an emergency fund being key.
  • VadersDad
    Options
    Good weekend had,

I know i haven't got much of a monthly budget but i manage. I am not one for going out and getting leathered, never have been. More than happy with my own company and make the most of when my kids are up next. Been keeping busy by re-decorating living room. Done a half arsed job last year and decided enough was enough. Have a load of stuff in shed so don't really have to buy anything. Will take me a few weeks to do it properly.

Did shopping for the week ahead, still got a load of stuff left over from xmas so spent a massive £11.08.

looking forward to a good week ahead. Hope you all have one too.
    Mortgage £49.488 Savings £1175./£1000.:j:j:j[/FONT][/FONT]

No CC or finance

Every cloud has a silver lining!:beer:
  • laurag89
    laurag89 Posts: 728 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just wanted to stop by and wish you luck on your journey!

Sounds like you have already made some really positive steps :)
    Total debt to pay: £14,071.41/ Remaining debt: £12,884.12: Amount Paid: £1,187.29

Survey xmas 2018 savings: £10 / £150
  • VadersDad
    Options
    Last payment for council Tax comes out today for the year. £96 better off for Feb & March, there's my emergency fund.

No CC or finance

• VadersDad
    VadersDad Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 January 2018 at 12:43PM
    Options
    Nothing exciting to report but all is well.

Sticking to my monthly budget really well. I have not had to do a big shop this month. I have fairly full cupboards and a full freezer freezer, so I have just been topping up on the essentials, milk, bread etc....

Started re-decorating the living room last weekend to keep me busy. I have a lot of stuff left over from previous jobs. I think my only expense will be wallpaper paste.

Had some cashback from BG via Quidco so that has gone into the emergency fund.

Hope everyone is ok.

No CC or finance

• VadersDad
    Options
    Spoke to Sky TV yesterday and i have managed to cancel my package a couple of month early. Did it over the online chat. Excellent customer service from sky, very understanding and no issues what so ever.

That means from next month I am £41 better off a month. In total so far this month I have made £57.95 worth of cutbacks through reducing monthly outgoings all to go back into the pot. Happy days.

Woke up this morning and boiler had an error code on it, panic set in but it turns out it was just that the pressure was low, Sorted it myself.

Objectives for the week is to call Barclays re loan and see if i can make additional payments as i when i have enough in my budget to do so. If i can't i will just put any extra in my savings account.

Have a good week everyone.

No CC or finance

• enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Excellent news on the sky cancellation and I would put that into savings along with any extras you have through the year. It will help build up emergency savings account which you need as you have a house and children and when it gets to a certain level you could put a few hundred extra off the loan. At least you only have the one debt but it is a large one.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • VadersDad
    Options
    Hey folks, just a quick check in. Sticking to my budget well and saving a few pennies too.

Went to see my mortgage advisor last week re my current deal coming to an end in June and he reckons it could be around £30 less than what i currently paying. I have asked for a 5 year deal as i have concerns with brexit and how that turns out also indeyref 2 as I live in Scotland.

Maybe get an agreement in principal this week to start in June.

Hope everyone is well.

No CC or finance

• VadersDad
    VadersDad Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Little update,

Everything at the moment is going to plan. I have managed to save a few quid over the last couple of months as I have had no council tax to pay so the £96 extra has gone into my emergency fund.

I have also been told today that i will be getting an increase to my salary of £1100 pa. This is really good news. I will do an updated SOA in the next few days.

Hope everyone is fine.

No CC or finance

• Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

You sound like you are doing well. Those loan payments are horrid but you are making some really positive steps.

Best of luck.

SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure