Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Aaront
    • By Aaront 11th Jan 18, 1:54 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Aaront
    How to remove marks on my credit rating
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:54 PM
    How to remove marks on my credit rating 11th Jan 18 at 1:54 PM
    Was just after some advise on some marks I have on my credit rating.
    I recently went through a divorce in which I had to go through the courts for a financial settlement.
    An order was made that the family home thatís mortgaged in my sole name is to be paid by both parties in which it states how much we both had to pay.
    I paid what was stated in the order to the mortgage lender but my ex didnít pay her share leading the account into arrears.
    I had to take her back to court to force the sale of the property due to this. The house is now up for sale but want to know is there any way I can get these marks taken off my credit file as I did exactly what was ordered of me through the courts?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    • 17,281 Posts
    • 18,391 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    • 11th Jan 18, 1:57 PM
    No, as the account remained a joint one.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,879Posts Today

6,624Users online

Martin's Twitter