First Post First Anniversary
edited 11 January 2018 at 1:19PM in Credit cards
Post deleted

Comments

• Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 January 2018 at 9:40AM
    Given those details there would be others willing to try to get your money out of them, apart from they are telling you its all gone in fees...
  • As above please, and why did you leave so much money lying idle in this account, and 9 years ago is a long time.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Your funds were long ago swallowed by dormancy fees; your negligence in not recovering them after the trip is illustrated by such carelessness with your personal details.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    eDicky wrote: »
    Your funds were long ago swallowed by dormancy fees; your negligence in not recovering them after the trip is illustrated by such carelessness with your personal details.

I took a quick gander at their T&Cs and couldn't find mention of dormancy fees.

They do, however, contain this:
    15. Expiry and redemption

Your Card has the Expiry Date printed on it, after which You may not use the Card. However, We will invite You to renew Your Card approximately one (1) month prior to the Expiry Date. You will be contacted by e-mail at Your registered e-mail address, where You will be required to re-confirm Your details and that You require a replacement Card. On issuing a replacement Card, the Available Balance held on Your previous Card will be automatically transferred to Your replacement Card with a new Expiry Date.

Subject to the paragraph above the Available Balance will no longer be usable following the Expiry Date of the Card and this Agreement will terminate. Notwithstanding any Expiry Date Your Available Balance is available for redemption by contacting Us at any time before the end of the Limitation Period. After the Limitation Period Your funds will no longer be redeemable. In the event that You make a request for redemption before the Expiry Date or after one year following the termination of the Agreement, a Redemption Processing Fee may be charged (see Fees & Limits Schedule) subject to clause 20.

And:
    “Limitation Period” means the period of twenty (20) years following the termination of the Agreement

The Redemption processing fee is £1.50.

I don't know how long Caxton should keep records for.

https://www.caxtonfx.com/complaints/
  • eDicky wrote: »
    Many thanks for your unhelpful and rude response. I have deleted my original question which was put in good faith. I certainly will not post anything further to this site if this is the 'help' one can expect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure