30th Birthday Celebrations

Options
Hi - My husband will be turning 30 in June and I would like to plan something to celebrate either with family and friends or with just each other. He is not really into parties so I am struggling for both what to organise and also what to get as a gift.

We have limited funds but would be welcome and open to any ideas that anyone has.

Thanks in advance
:)

Comments

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Could you arrange 'an experience' that links with his hobbies / interests?
    Give us a clue as to what he likes doing and where you live and we can then make suitable suggestions!

Or a weekend away- again with something special included.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • ladymarmalade
    Options
    I recently turned 30 and did not want a big party as I have had plenty in the past and did not want to spend more money on the same old!

I had a few of my friends over on my actual birthday for a takeaway and drinks and then a couple of weekends later me and my hubby went away for the weekend and went to a resaurant I had always wanted to visit and just spent lots of time together which is something we do not get to to very often as we are always so busy. I really enjoyed it as we spent the weekend doing lots of things we loved and I have some great memories.
    :cool:"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith:cool:
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Does he like any sports at all? Day out to a sporting venue (or any other venuse he likes) with some friends and a meal after in a pub?

Escape rooms are all the rage at the moment and a pretty good laugh, or the trampoline places look fun ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure