Buildings Insurance - Excess Protection (or an alternative)?

Options
The management company for my block of flats are responsible for arranging the Buildings Insurance, but due to previous problems within the block where water leaks have affected surrounding flats the insurance company they go with have set a huge £5000 :eek: excess for all water-leak claims.

I've had no luck with my online searches so wondered if anyone here can advise on the following:-
  • Is there such a thing as separately bought Excess Insurance Protection for buildings (like there is for car rentals)?
  • Alternatively, is anyone aware of a Contents Insurance provider that would cover water leaks (including third party damage) as part of a Contents Only policy?

Many thanks

Comments

• huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is a company excessfree.co.uk that offers excess insurance on home Insurance risks of up to £6000.

Up to you to investigate whether this is suitable or not.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure