Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Supernova
    • By Supernova 8th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    • 670Posts
    • 43Thanks
    Supernova
    Car insurance increase
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:09 PM
    Car insurance increase 8th Jan 18 at 3:09 PM
    Hi all,

My Car Insurance is up from 400 to 465 this year i.e 16% or so - 15 year old car, late 50s driver, SDP, full NCD, low mileage, fully comp including legal and replacement car extension.

Seem reasonable these days or could I be looking around?

Thanks!
    S
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 35,923 Posts
    • 20,196 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    • 8th Jan 18, 3:27 PM
    Standard MSE advice is never simply renew

You should be looking round!
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Jan 18, 1:21 AM
    • 27,231 Posts
    • 10,970 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:21 AM
    • 9th Jan 18, 1:21 AM
    Mine went down this year. I was expecting it to rise a bit but a nice surprise when it reduced.

I use a car club broker who contacted me to say they were switching me this year as the previous insurer had increased the prices considerably.
    But i got quots of less than the renewal and they called me back to say they could match it.

Get quotes on a newer car, its often cheaper.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

725Posts Today

6,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This tweet made me reread my 'How to Vote in the EU referendum' guide - quite interesting to realise how little has? https://t.co/lFQaSSqUGj

• Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Follow Martin