Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • blue2606
    • By blue2606 4th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    blue2606
    ticket and wind
    • 4th Jan 18, 4:49 PM
    ticket and wind 4th Jan 18 at 4:49 PM
    this is bit tricky
    I parked and bought a ticket but probably gust of wind made it slide down between dashboard and glass so it was not clearly visible from outside. I came back to see a ticket on my car. I send picture of the ticket and picture of where it was to the parking company and received mail that they can't take my explanation and i still need to pay. So I just ignored as it was suggested online on forums. I moved in a meantime to another town. for the last couple of months I had few calls from a legal company but because I have anti spam app on my phone it always said suspected spam so I never picked it up. yet today I got an email from them saying - NOTICE OF COUNTY COURT CLAIM ISSUED. i didnt get anything by post. i don't know if there is anything in my old house as it's too far to go there and I don't know who is living there now. what to do with it? call the legal firm and explain it to them? any suggestions?
Page 1
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,267 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:06 PM
    Some reading

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=&oq=flttering+parking +ticket+&hl=en-GB&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GUEA_en-GBGB707GB707&q=fluttering+ticket+parking+adjudicat or+&gs_l=hp..1.0i22i30l2.0.0.0.39140...........0.Y n_ON-vUcsA&gws_rd=ssl
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 4th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,308 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:10 PM
    name of parking company?

name of solisitors / legal company?

telehone number of txt sender
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 7,701 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:24 PM
    ...what to do with it? call the legal firm and explain it to them? any suggestions?
    Originally posted by blue2606
    Write to legal firm advising them of your current address.

Can you give some dates or timescales?
    • blue2606
    • By blue2606 4th Jan 18, 5:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blue2606
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:30 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:30 PM
    20.01.17 - so a year ago. excel parking, bw legal
    why should I update address to them? my husband is very much against it
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 4th Jan 18, 5:35 PM
    • 7,701 Posts
    • 7,429 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:35 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:35 PM
    why should I update address to them? my husband is very much against it
    Originally posted by blue2606
    So that there is no risk of you finding that court proceedings have been taken against you without your knowledge - possibly leading to a County Court Judgement against you - which may make borrowing difficult for up to six years.

Yes of course that 'mistake' can probably be undone, but far simpler to avoid.
    Last edited by KeithP; 04-01-2018 at 5:50 PM.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 4th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 9,500 Posts
    • 9,267 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 5:40 PM
    So that you do not get yourself in more mess than your are already in.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Unicorn51
    • By Unicorn51 4th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    Unicorn51
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:04 PM
    I would take the email: "NOTICE OF COUNTY COURT CLAIM ISSUED" as they have already started a claim against you.

If this is correct you only have 14 days from date of issue to respond before you get a CCJ by default.

As you didn't tell them of your new address, any court papers would have been sent to your last known address.
    • blue2606
    • By blue2606 4th Jan 18, 6:57 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blue2606
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:57 PM
    • 4th Jan 18, 6:57 PM
    thank you all
    basically I just want to get over with it. if I call them tomorrow saying it's the first time I hear about them - will they cancel the court fee?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jan 18, 10:36 PM
    • 58,493 Posts
    • 71,975 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No, they won't. NEVER NEVER NEVER phone a parking firm or their solicitors.

NONONONONO. No.

You must defend this, unless you are a complete victim. The NEWBIES thread tells you how, and posters here who make an effort, and stick around to be fully coached by us right up to a hearing, win 99% of the time.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

147Posts Today

1,422Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LaraLewington: ...and mine suggested I'd achieved a lifelong ambition of being sawn in half by a magician - at our wedding. Wasn't. Don?

• We are working on it - I think BA has behaved awfully on this. Those flight were no obviously a glitch. It should? https://t.co/8pvtXtUEqi

• RT @thenicolabryant: Absolutely. We need mental health and financial health as advocated my @MartinSLewis , to be taught in schools. So muc?

• Follow Martin