IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ticket and wind

Options
this is bit tricky
I parked and bought a ticket but probably gust of wind made it slide down between dashboard and glass so it was not clearly visible from outside. I came back to see a ticket on my car. I send picture of the ticket and picture of where it was to the parking company and received mail that they can't take my explanation and i still need to pay. So I just ignored as it was suggested online on forums. I moved in a meantime to another town. for the last couple of months I had few calls from a legal company but because I have anti spam app on my phone it always said suspected spam so I never picked it up. yet today I got an email from them saying - NOTICE OF COUNTY COURT CLAIM ISSUED. i didnt get anything by post. i don't know if there is anything in my old house as it's too far to go there and I don't know who is living there now. what to do with it? call the legal firm and explain it to them? any suggestions?

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    name of parking company?

name of solisitors / legal company?

telehone number of txt sender
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    blue2606 wrote: »
    ...what to do with it? call the legal firm and explain it to them? any suggestions?
    Write to legal firm advising them of your current address.

Can you give some dates or timescales?
  • blue2606
    Options
    20.01.17 - so a year ago. excel parking, bw legal
    why should I update address to them? my husband is very much against it
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 January 2018 at 6:50PM
    Options
    blue2606 wrote: »
    why should I update address to them? my husband is very much against it
    So that there is no risk of you finding that court proceedings have been taken against you without your knowledge - possibly leading to a County Court Judgement against you - which may make borrowing difficult for up to six years.

Yes of course that 'mistake' can probably be undone, but far simpler to avoid.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    So that you do not get yourself in more mess than your are already in.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Unicorn51
    Unicorn51 Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would take the email: "NOTICE OF COUNTY COURT CLAIM ISSUED" as they have already started a claim against you.

If this is correct you only have 14 days from date of issue to respond before you get a CCJ by default.

As you didn't tell them of your new address, any court papers would have been sent to your last known address.
  • blue2606
    Options
    thank you all
    basically I just want to get over with it. if I call them tomorrow saying it's the first time I hear about them - will they cancel the court fee?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    No, they won't. NEVER NEVER NEVER phone a parking firm or their solicitors.

NONONONONO. No.

You must defend this, unless you are a complete victim. The NEWBIES thread tells you how, and posters here who make an effort, and stick around to be fully coached by us right up to a hearing, win 99% of the time.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure