Boots Sale

Options
Mimi_Arc_en_ciel
Mimi_Arc_en_ciel Posts: 4,833 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
edited 9 February 2018 at 12:08PM in It's gone, but was it any good?
Now on but taking ages to go through check out....

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Fri 9 Feb: Speculation as to when Boots will boost its 'up to 70% off sale' to 'up to 90% off' has been around for a few weeks. Here's our Boots sale write-up with all the info we have so far, we'll update it when we know more.

Big thanks to Mimi Arc en ciel for starting the discussion!
[purplesignup][/purplesignup]

Comments

• jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In case it helps anyone (use a cashback site if you can but otherwise:)
    www.boots.com
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So when will the 70% start?

I’ll chip in that I don’t think it will be 17th January
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • endexp
    endexp Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks! Don't forget to try buying through topcashback or quidco!
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Storck wrote: »

No,I don't either. It's a shame I'd got the date down to a fine art, then last year they changed the goalposts. I was off work that day, purely by fluke, but I'm only taking a couple of days off, very early January this year, so that won't happen again. I had a look around their website last night, there's only 1 thing I'd really, really like at 70% off. The rest I'm happy to buy at 50% off later today.
  • catswiththumbs
    Options
    Storck wrote: »

It started on Friday 20th 2017 - after much speculation including people turning up at stores on previous days insisting the 70% sale had started even when staff were saying it hadn't.
  • Storck
    Storck Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It started on Friday 20th 2017 - after much speculation including people turning up at stores on previous days insisting the 70% sale had started even when staff were saying it hadn't.

If it is a Wednesday then the 10th but as they went with a Friday last year who knows. Only thing I am sure of is they will not have decided yet and it will depend how much stock they have to shift.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spendless wrote: »
    No,I don't either. It's a shame I'd got the date down to a fine art, then last year they changed the goalposts. I was off work that day, purely by fluke, but I'm only taking a couple of days off, very early January this year, so that won't happen again. I had a look around their website last night, there's only 1 thing I'd really, really like at 70% off. The rest I'm happy to buy at 50% off later today.

Yep caught me out last year too!!

I'm gonna go with the Friday again this year but who knows, maybe they did it as a one off last year? Makes more sense to do it on a Friday really as easier on their workload than doing it on promotion change day but we'll just have to wait and see I guess??

I've got a couple of bits at 50% off that I didn't expect to be around for 70% off. Nothing Major I want tbh but I'll still stock up on some things to use thought the year and the odd gift too.
  • CherryLee
    Options
    Couldn't find what I wanted online as they were out of stock so went to our local store this morning and made my purchases in store and saved a fortune. Lots of people in there too doing the same and cashing in on the bargains! Boots had stock cages on the ends of the aisle which were full to the brim of Soap & Glory products, which made me think if they are selling it now maybe there won't be a 70% sale in January 2018.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in 2018 - UU 3/78

£2018 in 2018 - £14.74
  • Africat
    Africat Posts: 1,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    CherryLee wrote: »
    Couldn't find what I wanted online as they were out of stock so went to our local store this morning and made my purchases in store and saved a fortune. Lots of people in there too doing the same and cashing in on the bargains! Boots had stock cages on the ends of the aisle which were full to the brim of Soap & Glory products, which made me think if they are selling it now maybe there won't be a 70% sale in January 2018.

Been quite a bit of S&G at my locals 70%day for the last few years including the OOW large set which isn't any more of a bargain now than it was before Christmas so I can understand why they have it left. I'm tired of S&G myself but it's still better than some other sets when you factor in the mega sizes you get in the star gift.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Boots gifts not as good as they used to be. I had a look online at the perfume sale and that was rubbish. Went in store today and had a browse, nothing took my fancy. Shame really I used to love their gift range.
    :money::rotfl::T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport