IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye - Hotel Parking

Options
Having read the Newbies thread, still looking for a bit of guidance...
I have use of a company vehicle for business, which was recently parked in a hotel car park, whilst attending a meeting, which happens every two months, at the same venue. On arrival, vehicle registration was registered at the hotel reception, as required (which had been done on every previous visit going back over 2 years).
Two weeks later, the vehicle leasing company has received a PCN from ParkingEye. Apparently the leasing agreement with the company I work for stipulates that the charge will be paid - my company reclaims it from the vehicle user.
My questions are:
- I plan to appeal (on grounds that the VRN was logged as required), should this be done early I.e.before the charge is paid by others or later?
- As part of the appeal, is it sensible to use some of the additional challenges outlined in the templates on here or just stick to the line above?
Apologies for length of query, any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Get on to hotel to get them to check their records and cancel charge.
    Is it a hotel where the receptionist keys in regards no or do you.

But as a regular user of hotel, they should get it cancelled. And the leasing company is bang out of order on a civil parking charge.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 10:26AM
    Options
    You need to intercept this and get it away from the leasing company before they pay the charge. The lease company may be a member of the BVRLA trade association, and have been told NOT to pay these charges but to forward them to the lessee. You should check if they are BVRLA members and if so, remind them of this policy.
    You should also point this out to your employer as by paying it they are in breach of the lease agreement, and denying you the right to appeal unfair charges. If you have a Union rep, you should get them involved and up to speed on this scam.
    As GD says, there probably won't be anything in the lease agreement about private parking charges, only council/police ones. You need to check the lease to see what it says, but do have a go at the hotel first.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    The lease company may be a member of the BVRLA trade association, and have been told NOT to pay these charges but to forward them to the lessee. You should check if they are BVRLA members and if so, remind them of this policy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9b0iavad3aqeh28/BPA%20BVRLA%20MoU.pdf?dl=0
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Google images this: parking eye sign register terminal

That is a PE sign that unequivocally requires you to use their computer thingy. Contrast it with other hotel examples using Google images search eg: parking eye holiday inn crewe sign

The latter, strictly speaking, may be complied with the moment you write your vehicle reg on a check in form.

Interestingly the standard form of correspondence I had chasing a ticket from PE was wholly misleading as to what their sign said.

They withdrew the claim pre-action, but I rated my prospects of success on this point.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure