Oven cleaning company damage

Options
In short, glass has shattered on oven a few hours after oven cleaning due to not fitting door properly after cleaning.
They will not take responsibility.

Next steps? Can I insist that they share details of their public liability insurance with me so that I can put in a claim against them?

Thanks

Comments

• pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    What steps have you taken so far?
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • Alfaga
    Options
    Just happened today, have called and messaged them, sent photos and videos but they claim it is coincidence.
  • TadleyBaggie
    Options
    Alfaga wrote: »
    In short, glass has shattered on oven a few hours after oven cleaning due to not fitting door properly after cleaning.
    And you know that how?
  • eddddy
    eddddy Posts: 16,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Alfaga wrote: »
    Next steps? Can I insist that they share details of their public liability insurance with me so that I can put in a claim against them?

Your claim is against the cleaning company.

It's up to them whether they choose to ask their insurers to deal with the claim. You can't claim directly from the insurers.

(Their policy excess might even be greater than the cost of the repair - in which case, they wouldn't claim on their policy.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure