Amazon return

Options
I ordered an item from Amazon marketplace seller. Received the wrong item and emailed seller to ask for replacement and returns label.

Exchanged a few emails where seller stated I had received the item I ordered until I uploaded a screen shot of the order and seller then agreed to send a replacement and a bag with returns label.

Replacement arrived with small returns label glued to a bag which is too small to return the item. I emailed seller and requested that he email me a label and I will return it in a larger bag.

Seller now telling me to pay for returns postage and he will reimburse me up to £3.20 which would not cover a tracked return.

Can anyone advise me the best way to proceed?

Thank you
The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko

Comments

• paddyandstumpy
    Options
    Cut the label off the smaller bag?
  • jetplane
    jetplane Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This was my first thought but the label is tiny and I would need to cover it with sellotape and thought that the bar code etc had to be uncovered.
    The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed. Steve Biko
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do you need to cover it in sellotape? Just use enough tape to make the label adhere or cut around the label and some of the bag for "allowance". Then sellotape the part bag with the label on it to the new bag.
  • jetplane
    edited 6 December 2017 at 2:04PM
    Options
    Do you know I never thought of cutting the bag around the label :doh:
    I think I was too frustrated to think of that solution as I was too busy thinking the seller was being deliberately obstructive.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jetplane wrote: »
    Do you know I never thought of cutting the bag around the label :doh:
    I think I was too frustrated to think of that solution as I was too busy thinking the seller was being deliberately obstructive.

I wonder what the seller is thinking! :D
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I
    Seller now telling me to pay for returns postage and he will reimburse me up to £3.20 which would not cover a tracked return.
    Good advice above. I just wanted to point out that the seller doesn't have to cover tracked return. If you get proof of postage and show the message trail, then, as far as I know, that should get you a refund should the seller say it never arrived,
  • jetplane
    Options
    Cut out the label and went to post office who said the label wasn't prepaid and I would have to pay. I have emailed seller and asked him to email me a label.

I don't know what the seller is thinking but he started it and has made an easy transaction difficult, and this is why I thought I would need it tracked.

I can only assume they are extremely busy at this time of year as his recent feedback shows many problems.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Cut out the label and went to post office who said the label wasn't prepaid and I would have to pay. I have emailed seller and asked him to email me a label.

I don't know what the seller is thinking but he started it and has made an easy transaction difficult, and this is why I thought I would need it tracked.

I can only assume they are extremely busy at this time of year as his recent feedback shows many problems.
    Go straight to Amazon customer service with the order number and let them know what happened. You'll most likely get a refund without returning.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure