IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Hospital Parking fine

Options
So I have received 2 parking fines from the hospital, one I was aware of and not the other, from May and June. ( I am a staff member).
I have now been sent letters from ZZPS, informing me of parking fines I need to pay. I had previously read on the forum to not respond to the letters.
I have now received a letter from QDR solicitors informing me that I need to pay a further £110 or be taken to court. As I have recently moved address these have only just been opened.
I am very worried about these, should I pay these fines or ignore the letters?
FYI I had only parked on the hospital ground, as there had been no street parking and had no other choice.
Any help will be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    reply and rebut and also inform them of the correct address for service of papers too

treat the paperwork received as an LBC for now

also complain to your HR RESOURCES dept and get them to cancel these tickets as per the NHS guidelines

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles/nhs-patient-visitor-and-staff-car-parking-principles
  • Louisey24
    Options
    So should I email my parking department of the hospital and inform them of why I had to park on Hospital grounds. Or should I email zpss limited, or QDR solicitors appealing these tickets?

Many thanks againn.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    Options
    contact the hospital but tell them NOT to pass on your complaint to anyone else outside of the trust (not the parking company etc) - you want them to cancel the charge

IGNORE zzps , they are merely debt collectors and powerless

reply and rebuttal to go to the solicitors , along with the correct service address , asking them to pass on the correct details to the parking company as well
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,447 Forumite
    Options
    Complain to your parking department in writing. Whether by email or letter, you are in a better position than us to judge that.

As Redx advises in post #3, treat the QDR letter as a LBC and respond robustly as per the example in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.

Ignore ZZPS, they are just debt collectors.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport