Boiler question

Options
Hello,

So my boiler is 6 months old, when i switch the heating on the boiler fires up(potterton promax combi 33) and it whistles for about 30 seconds, then every time I run the hot tap or it boots up for the central heating there is a slight bang sound and whistling for 10 seconds. The bang is very little but I read boilers shouldnt bang at all. Is this correct? Ive always thought slight banging was normal?

Comments

• Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Options
    Ring the manufacturer and get them out on warranty, sounds like the low gas rate is out.
  • Simba-ali34
    Options
    Sorry, low gas rate? Is this a big problem?
  • Alex1983
    Alex1983 Posts: 958 Forumite
    Options
    It’s the amount of gas it’s using, the gas valve would need adjusting. Nothing big but will need the manufacturer coming out to do it under warranty.
  • Simba-ali34
    Options
    Oh OK, if it is gas rate is this a safety issue by the sounds of it? Thank you for taking the time to reply. Appreciated
  • Alex1983
    Options
    If it is that then it could cause the boiler to lockout, just ring the manufacturer tomorrow and they will send some one to check it.
  • Johnhowell
    Options
    Maybe first get the installer back to carry out the correct adjustments at commissioning before calling the manufacturer.
    I had a manufacturer's engineer come out only to say "not installed correctly" and walked away - he will only correct any manufacturing fault.

Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport