CAT B Salvage (Motorcycle)

I was hit by a reversing car back in October, and even have CCTV footage to prove I have no fault.

The claim is currently being dealt with by an underwriter, as it is non-fault, my insurance company sub contract that work.

Its is taking a long time, however it appears to be coming to an end. I have received a letter from the underwriter, stating that the bike had been declared a CAT B write off, and that a payment has been released, with my bikes pre-accident value deemed to be £1500. However it is worth £150 in scrap. So I'm being given £1350, and the salvage returned to me.

I have contacted the underwriter to stress that I do not want the bike returned if it is a CAT B write off, as it is impossible to put it back on the road. Not only that, but I do not have the time/skill/tools/space required to break down the bike, and sell on the salvage to make up the £150 they have deemed it to be worth. Furthermore, I feel this effort/task of obtaining the final segment of the full pre-accident value, should not be my worry.

The underwriter however, are firm that their site (where the bike is currently held) do not deal with CAT B vehicles, and will be returning the bike to me. Surely this is incorrect?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport