Small wireless printer and scanner preferably not inkjet . Any ideas?

Options
Howdy !
Hope someone could help with the above . I used to have an inkjet one back in the day . I found them a p I t a and whenever I needed them in a time of crisis ( debt problems mainly :o) , I found the ink cartridges always bone dry and expensive.
Now looking for small , wireless and Mac compatible .

Please advise

Comments

• psychic_teabag
    Options
    I had the same experience with inkjets. The main alternative is a laser printer. Monochrome are fairly readily available, but colour lasers are a bit bigger.

If you have space, you could probably get an old 3-in-1 inkjet off freecycle or from a charity shop, and use that just for the scanner. (That's what I do.)

For printing, it comes down to how often you print, whether you need colour. Could you for example have a mono one at home for most printing, and use library or high-street printing service when you need to print colour ?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks teabag :) you know where I’m coming from . Space is an issue
    but a combined one would probably be best . In hindsight maybe a black and white copier may be best ( with scanner combined)
    I’ve hardly done any printing . Scanning stuff in colour could go via email to recepients . I use scanner pro on iPad which isn’t bad .
    Would like to use something quick and easy, even if I don’t touch it for months .
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    If you only need to print black then there are plenty of compact all in one mono laser printers on the market, look at Samsung and Brother. If you need colour then I'm afraid you are probably best sticking to inkjet, modern printers are designed to be left on so you shouldn't get bone dry printheads, the ink doesn't dry out in the cartridge, what happens is the printhead cloggs up as does the vacuum system that cleans the printheads, modern printers, if left on will go to sleep and wake periodically and do a clean which keeps things ready to print, contrary to popular belief, this process does not use much ink, as an example, I've got a Brother J132W which was our demo machine, in the 2 years I've had it I've put one new set of compatible cartridges in it. and it's never missed a beat, it's hooked up to a Mac and prints wireless from my Macbook Pro, Windows 10 laptop, iPad and iPhone no problem.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • The_Ang
    The_Ang Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It is not small, but looks good: https://youtu.be/tc95Cu2O2zU

Brother DCP-L2540DW
  • jshm2
    jshm2 Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest if you're rarely using it then just use Asda, Boots or the other host of online printers you can get. Unless you're talking printing more than 60 pages a year the cost of printer and ink will just not be worth it.

In fact you can get free prints if you're willing to use your points or find the voucher codes.

You can get LED printers instead of the heavier laser printers but it really depends on how much printing you're looking to do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure