DIY Downloadable Codicil Templates

Hi,
I need to change the Executors of my Will.
There's plenty of DIY offerings on the Web offering suitable Codicil templates, including instructions, for about £10-£15, which would seem simpler (& cheaper!) than using a Solicitor for such a minor change.
Does anyone have any experience of these or recommend a particular company/site?
Thanks

Comments

• Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    edited 29 November 2017 at 2:27PM
    Shylock wrote: »
    Hi,
    I need to change the Executors of my Will.
    There's plenty of DIY offerings on the Web offering suitable Codicil templates, including instructions, for about £10-£15, which would seem simpler (& cheaper!) than using a Solicitor for such a minor change.
    Does anyone have any experience of these or recommend a particular company/site?
    Thanks
    How long is it since you made your will? Wills need to be reviewed and updated every five years or so. In any case codicils, although legal are seldom used these days. They can esaily be "lost" or damaged. The technology these days makes it easy to print out a new will.
  • Margot123
    Margot123 Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    My Dad's solicitor did his codicil for a very small charge. I think it was about £50.
    Worth getting a professional to do it, pay a little bit extra, and have peace of mind that it's been done correctly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure