IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help! Elite management (midlands) parking fine - no ticket!

Options
Prothor
Prothor Posts: 13 Forumite
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
Hello,

I am hoping someone will be able to help. I have been looking on the forums and haven’t been able to find anything similar to my case!

I received a “notice to keeper” letter stating that I hadn’t responded to a PCN issued to my vehicle on 20/09/17. I did not have a ticket on my car and this was the first I heard of it.

I have looked on the website and there are no pictures of my vehicle and the time it says my car was parked is exactly midnight (12:00am).

Now, this car park was owned by the council, and I had a valid permit to park there until 05/10/17 which was displayed in my car. The car park was bought out by Elite but as of yet I do not know the exact date (waiting to hear back from the council.) New passes from Elite management did not come through until after 05/10/17, I know this because my boyfriend (his property I was staying at) had to go to the council to renew the pass. While he was there they issued a temporary pass until 10/10/17 until the new passes arrived. I remember this being just a couple of days before the temporary pass expired.

Now, I don’t know what my rights are. They have already sought my details from the DVLA in order to send me the letter.

Sorry for the essay but please help if you can!

Thank you,

Comments

• Prothor
    Options
    Thank you.

I did look on the thread but was really unsure on which template would apply to me.
    Do I need to include everything I have said above?
    I also noticed there were things which should have been included on the letter which weren’t there, do I need to include that also?
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    the black text template appeal is used, the one for IPC members, with NO ALTERATIONS

so nothing you have said will be used

use the black text template in post #1 , AS IS , NO ALTERATIONS
  • Prothor
    Options
    So I emailed the template, and this is the response I have received. Not sure what to do next...

Good morning,

Thank you for your email which we recognise as an internet template.

We are a third party company working on behalf of Elite Management Midlands Ltd, they are the car park operator.

This Parking Charge Noticed is based on breach of the terms and conditions of the signage on site, enforceable under contract law, but please be advised that "damages" are irrelevant to the balance of the Parking Charge Notice, as per the ruling in ParkingEye v Beavis (2015).

Photographic evidence which shows the vehicle and the signage is available for you to view on ipaymypcn.net with the PCN number and vehicle registration.

We refer your comments regarding the processing of your data, which we are treating as a formal section 10 Notice (“the Notice”) under the Data Protection Act (“the Act”). Please accept this email as our formal acknowledgement and response to the Notice.

You have provided no justification for the Notice. The processing of your data is warranted.

In any event, section 10(1) of the Act does not apply in circumstances where Schedule 2, paragraphs 1 to 4 of the Act are met, accordingly, we are permitted to continue to process your data at this stage.

If this is not clear, we suggest you seek legal advice.

If you intend to submit an appeal, please outline the basis of your appeal so that we may respond accordingly.

Kind regards,
    Leo Feather

Customer Services
    for and on behalf of ZZPS Limited
    Bacchus House | 1 Station Road | Addlestone | Surrey | KT15 2AG
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you sit on your hands and IGNORE for 6 years

come back if you get an LBC or an MCOL within that 6 years
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Start a new thread, as you agreed to do when signing up.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 February 2018 at 7:54PM
    Options
    So there are two users - one called dani3300 and one called Dani3300.

Both usernames were used within five minutes of each other today.

See what confusion you are causing Dani (or dani)?

Don't make your parking situation more difficult than it already is. ;)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you intend to submit an appeal, please outline the basis of your appeal so that we may respond accordingly.
    Your contact WAS an appeal.

Complain to the BPA that you were denied a POPLA code before Christmas because this firm twisted your appeal and pretended it wasn't one. Clearly, it was and you are perfectly entitled to use a template (Lord knows the scum bottom-feeding parking firms do).

Your POPLA code was denied and withheld, and that's a serious breach of the BPA CoP yet again by ZZPS, who have done this more than once before, as seen on this forum.

Apparently earlier in 2017, ZZPS staff who act in ''handling appeals'' (Jeez, who the heck allows that?) were all 'reminded' about having to issue POPLA codes when people appeal, and not wriggling out of it. Do we believe they (ZZPS) took a blind bit of notice, Steve Clark of the BPA? No, we don't.

email Mr Clark:

Steve.c@britishparking.co.uk

and show him this thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dani3300 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have had a letter from QDR solicitors saying that they have been instructed by ZZPS limited on behalf of Elite in connection with the recovery of debt. They go on to say that they require me to make a full payment within the next 14 days and failure to make payment or to contact them may result in them recommending that the matter be passed to litigation and that they may look to obtain a CCJ.

What do I do now?

Thank you
    Read post #4 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky/pinned thread, where you will find comprehensive guidance on how to deal with debt collector's letters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure