IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

VCS County Court Claim

Options
Blacksheepcat
Blacksheepcat Posts: 7 Forumite
edited 18 December 2017 at 8:49PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
As it says!
I've received a County Court claim form from VCS - for a sum of £*** for parking in a private, residents & visitors car park area on several occasions.

Unfortunately I didn’t open the letter before claim that was sent until two days before the 30 day deadline given in it (mostly as I was working away alot and it ended up under a pile of paperwork).

Am I right in the following, after reading all the guides and hopefully keeping it to point;

1: I now need to reply to the case asking for 28 days to prepare a defence;
2: Go to court and defend it?

the claim pertains to parking in an enclosed park as a guest of a resident, as each flat has a singular designated parking spot and the rest are visitors spaces, their was no requirement for permits etc in this car park.
The car park was security gated and required a residents key fob to gain access.

Furthermore, even if VCS covered the whole park, and the signage applied to me, I was their legitimately, so would be allowed to disregard the parking charge? Or is this point mute?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is this VCS doing this or via a solicitor (BWLegal)
  • Blacksheepcat
    Options
    Everything I have had is VCS themselves. The Claimant is VCS. Signed "Jake Burgess"
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also, how to I get it moved to a local court to me? IE Yorkshire / Leeds? Or is it all done online?
    Read post #2 of the NEWBIES thread atop page 1 so you understand how the process works including his to acknowledge the claim and prepare your defence.

Post your draft defence here for further advice.

Edit your opening post to remove any suggestion who was driving. Refer only to "the driver"
    4 of the spaces WITHIN this gated carpark are owned by the landowner of the OUTER area - these are covered by VCS, the rest of the car park is not. Their Is and was no clear delineation between these areas.
    This will be an important part of your defence. Was the car parked in one of these 4 spaces and what was the signage like to distinguish these from the rest of the car park?
  • Blacksheepcat
    Options
    Thank you for this;

The signage is a single sign on the wall behind these spaces, which would be obscured fully if a car parked in front of it. Their is no physically obvious delineation between any area within this rectangular car park, each space is marked as a space and that is it.

I will post up my draft this evening - its taken a week of reading all the posts here to produce it so thanks in advance, a wealth of information here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure