Credit ratings effected when you move in with partner

Hi all,
Just need some advice please I have recently 're located with my partner and we are renting. Very happy indeed but he is worried about my credit rating and will it be effected if I'm not named on bills etc.

I currently have my own house that is tied up in divorce settlement untill next year. And all bills mortgage etc has my name on it but once that goes that's it.
I do have my own credit cards. I'm also not working ad very lucky to be a lady of leisure. But will my credit rating suffer?

Comments

• Using your credit cards is more than enough to maintain a good credit history
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,
    Just need some advice please I have recently 're located with my partner and we are renting. Very happy indeed but he is worried about my credit rating and will it be effected if I'm not named on bills etc.

I currently have my own house that is tied up in divorce settlement untill next year. And all bills mortgage etc has my name on it but once that goes that's it.
    I do have my own credit cards. I'm also not working ad very lucky to be a lady of leisure. But will my credit rating suffer?

Why worry about a number only you can see, who knows if it will suffer but as ZX says just using the credit cards, bank account well will be enough.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    if you are going to be a lady of leisure, then why be worried about your credit rating? You only need to worry about your credit history if you want to get credit, but as a "L.o.L" with no income then will you want to be getting credit? If not, then it doesn't matter what your history says.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure