Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• izzy65
    izzy65 Posts: 2,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning.

Forecast for up here, high winds, storms, snow and ice. OMG! Sounds like it may be winter LMFAO :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What an over reaction from media, next thing they are going yo say is that we won't see the sun until after 8am :D

Good morning, my dd lives on Skye, 80mph winds is normal, they call it breezy :rotfl::rotfl:
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    :(Got £16 for each of 1L alcohols for M instead of £15.

13 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda morrisons
    1x Budweiser Lager (24x300) £10.00 N/A
    3x Warburtons Medium White Bread (800g) £3.15 £3.00
    1x Smirnoff Premium Vodka (1l) £16.00 £16.00
    1x ASDA Baker's Selection Brioche Rolls (8pk) £1.19 £1.00
    1x Gordon's Special London Dry Gin (1l) £16.00 £16.00
    2x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) £2.96 £3.16
    4x ASDA Whole Milk (6pt) £5.92 £6.32
    1x Warburtons Crumpets (9pk) £1.35 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £46.57 £46.48
    +£0.09 cheaper

But... I don't think this is an indication that they are not working now. This is a receipt I have been holding onto for a few days, in the hope, which hasn't worked, that it would get £15 prices when I finally entered the receipt. I saw they looked like some of the ones on offer at £15 in M. This is a shop that they did on Monday and, clearly by shopping on Monday itself, they shopped before the M prices were updated. I don't think the APG would be failing to pick up everything that changed in price in M on Monday - for example all the milks are picking up last week's M price of £1.58:(. Can anyone, who didn't shop in Northern Ireland, that has bought milk yesterday, regardless of which competitor they aimed their shop at, confirm that the £1.50 M price is indeed being picked up?

Hopefully the fact the shop I've compared was done before the M prices had been updated bodes well for my own shop. Otherwise, if both milks are still getting £1.58 and several 1L bottles getting £16, either their Ms seem to have changed virtually no SELs on Monday and are completely unlikely mine which all changed or the price collection is still on last Wednesday and update from Monday must be very late indeed.

I hope we are not even on Monday yet, unless the system jumps straight to Wednesday just gone:(, as I would like the next update to be to Monday and then for the Wednesday collection to be delayed. The Batchelor's Cup A Soups and Slim A Soups that M has (they were 75p on Monday) have gone up to full price in M on Wednesday. However, I notice that they are showing full price on a.com (and msm had already caught that several hours ago) even though they are still going through at 5 for £3 in my A this morning. Today may be the last day of A's offer. With them showing full price, I have bought five of them (maybe should have bought a lot more now I come to think about it:rotfl:), therefore without a Heinz Lentil & Bacon trigger.

However, as I have only seen full price on a.com this morning, the APG may still be on mbuy pricing for A - I am therefore going to wait hopefully until the APG pricing reflects what is on a.com (and hope a.com doesn't suddenly gain its mbuys back just before 6am - but I don't think it should do if it is the last day the Batchelor's are in the offer). I am therefore waiting on my receipt but we also have an M price collection looming that may bring full price M into the system:(. Hopefully, as I have shopped before the M prices are updated, the M price of 75p may remain on my shop - however I think I need to wait to try to ensure that the A prices are updated before I try to compare the shop. Watch it return the A mbuys and M full price:rotfl:. Otherwise, this could be good and it might last for today if the M prices don't get updated sometime during the day and they have been somewhat delayed of late.

There was also another issue on my shop. I tried the Cadbury Buttons as a potential trigger as it has been reported that that is also a no-show. The only Cadbury Buttons of this weight on a.com are showing "Unavailable" and therefore not linked to the offer. I think there are potentially two versions of Cadbury Buttons available (and also possibly two different versions of Cadbury Freddo that I did not buy or, should there be two, did not buy either of on my shop). The bill at the end, on the SS, seemed wrong but I could not quite work it out. The soups had gone through at 5 for £3 (what kind of A does not have any stock of Cup A Soup Tomato?:mad:) but I kept wondering whether I had scanned my crisps correctly. In the end, having pressed the "Cancel items" but then, instead of cancelling anything, scrolled repeatedly up and down through my shop trying to find if I had scanned and was buying the correct number of everything, but I had everything I was supposed to be buying and couldn't work out why the bill was not as expected. I ended up just paying in order to get the receipt and have a look at it. What had happened was the 5 for £1 sweets offer had not come off and I had paid full price. I think it must be my Cadbury Buttons - the shelf was showing 5 for £1 across all the items I'd bought but it did not come off. The shelf also said an individual price of 25p for the Cadbury Buttons but mine scanned at 30p. I therefore suspect - though I could only find one - that there are two versions of Cadbury Buttons 14.4g, one at individual price 25p and in the offer and the other, the one that I bought, at straight 30p. My Cadbury Buttons is BC ending 783974.

The reason I say there may be two versions of Cadbury Freddo is that there are two separate Freddo (we are not talking about Caramel, which is a completely separate version, or two:rotfl:) products on a.com, one of them "Unavailable" and the other with a price and in the mbuy. So, which one of them is invisible?

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-freddo-chocolate-bar/910001452012

https://groceries.asda.com/product/single-bars-bags/cadbury-dairy-milk-freddo-chocolate-bar/910003106423

The first link, as you can see, the product is called "Cadbury Freddo Chocolate Bar 18g" but the picture is of Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo and it has 25p flashed on it. The second product shows Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo but does not have the price on the product. I would not trust them to reflect accurately which one of them appears and which does not:rotfl:. The suggestion would be that the version of the product with the price printed on the wrapper is the trigger. However, as I've just implied, I think relying on the pictures is rather risky. However, it does suggest, from two different descriptions that appear to relate to - from I suspect most people's perspective - the "same product", that there are in fact two (or at least two) different versions, both again with the same weight, on completely different BCs and therefore completely and entirely different products. The average person may think they are the same. (I am obviously not average as I see the products as completely different:rotfl: and not only being pedantic about one being described as "...Dairy Milk...".) However, if there are two, as a.com appears to be picturing two different ones, with the subtle difference between the wrappers, they are each on unique BCs and, with a different BC, it is a different product.

They do this sort of thing when they are downsizing - although this is a different matter and does not relate to the current situation - the downsized version will have a new BC and technically the product has not changed to a lower weight - the previous, higher weight version is being discontinued and no longer being produced, so that it will eventually no longer be available, whilst a new version, with a lower weight, is now the only one being produced and its stocks will eventually take over the older version and become the only one available:(. In effect, it accomplishes a downsizing but the higher weight product does not change to a lower weight - they are two different products and the higher wieght just eventually becomes unobtainable and then you have to make do with a downsized version, that is not the same product at all but is totally different since it has a different BC:rotfl:.

Completely different products:rotfl:. So, if you want the mbuy to come off on your shop, you should buy Cadbury Buttons 14.4g. And, if you don't want the mbuy to come off, you should instead buy another product, the completely different product called Cadbury Buttons 14.4g.

Finally (for now:rotfl:), is it the case that some people have been buying (what they think is) a Cadbury Freddo bar and having it appear and count as an item and some people buying Cadbury Freddo and not getting it on the comp. - or, even, because of it failing:eek: to have enough items when they thought they had bought enough:(? There may be the answer - two different versions. If people have, or haven't, had Cadbury Freddo appear, having bought it/one version of them, could they let us know the BC of what they bought and specify whether yours appeared - indeed can people be really precise when items like this fail to appear and specify the BC of what you have bought, as it seems there may be more than one version (and if you just buy Cadbury Freddo thinking it won't appear like the last person posted, you might be buying the wrong version for that - a different version that doesn't behave in the same way).

I also tried some potatoes earlier - whether there may or may not be better prices around, we were desperate and just had to buy against M's 2 for £2 this time. I picked up bags of longer BB date of course (I always pick the longest I can see, whilst the stores are wanting the reverse - for the sooner dates to be sold). I thought they were trying to trick me with a new non-appearing version again. I saw a diffferent BC on the bags with the longer dates. Now, which appears on the APG, I thought?:think: How would I know:(? Then I realised I was picking up the wrong variety entirely:rotfl:. I went back to the White Potatoes, that I should have been buying, sadly not quite as long date (still several days though) but they will be fine:cool:.

Morning luvlies, re the Freddos, bought one in a shop last night as a filler and it DID appear on APG. Not price flashed, BC is 9945. Description on APG is

1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • hampydoodums
    Options
    Thanks to izzey re the peanuts, nicely stocked up for Crimbo :)
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Good morning all

b773798d939150901a5ba04d449ea565.jpg
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• hampydoodums
    Options
    Took several screen shots from the dark side yesterday, will post as pics as you’re more likely to notice them skimming through rather than a link ;)

Fat apples

2863_A1_B5-90_F0-4_C4_E-8_AD7-570_D2804941_B.jpg

For the cats

00_BFA61_B-0_AD5-481_A-_A0_B5-06_C9_C18_EA458.jpg

For your stuffing or to go with your sprouts TM

6_A3_C33_FE-1_D52-4_FC1-_B5_C0-1_F00915062_E6.jpg

Salmon :D

E773819_B-9010-41_BD-_AB5_F-03826_D0_C9106.jpg

I grabbed the last 2 on the shelf last night, sel shows 50p

6_F82_B227-57_E0-4_C93-8_F55-7_EB98_DF5_CB06.jpg

Choccie :)

915_FB7_BD-5_D36-4438-8_C49-518_A0_FC04_DE0.jpg
  • hampydoodums
    edited 7 December 2017 at 8:49AM
    Options
    I won’t quote you Arthien, but you may want to remove that code

Link to Arthiens post re 50% off food at Argos. Code is showing as you click through. Thanks for posting :)

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/food-%26-drink
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good morning......A breezy morning with rain....Surprisingly it is not cold.....

Hope you all slept well and your days ahead will be happy, fruitful and full of laughter...:xmastree::santa2:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Yes at bloody last:j:j:j just over a weeks worth 30:p

Good morning.

Bubbs I don't want to scare you but the sweeteners in those yoghurts are nasty and should be taken in moderation.

Aspartame has many adverse effects and is blamed for health conditions like Diabetes and Epilepsy. It's added to products like Diet cokes and as we see here yogurts as well. This is a known carcinogen (capable of causing cancer). Acesulfame K – second worst sweetener and it is found to cause many side effects as well.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Morning.

Forecast for up here, high winds, storms, snow and ice. OMG! Sounds like it may be winter LMFAO :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What an over reaction from media, next thing they are going yo say is that we won't see the sun until April :D

How true:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    zagubov wrote: »
    Good morning to all regulars, posters, visitors and, don't forget the lurkers.:beer:

Hehe:rotfl::rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business