Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,772Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2713
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Nov 18, 4:41 PM
    • 10,424 Posts
    • 118,561 Thanks
    emerald21
    Did the esso petrol:
    1) 130.9 per litre compared to 122.9 at A/T
    2) First mistake did not press the final 'pay by paypal' button before starting fuelling so first 10 had to be paid in kiosk.
    3) Second attempt and the app did not register that fuelling had finished - in the end I had to turn phone off and back on and saw that the transaction had taken place.
    Switched to second paypal account in app
    4) Set max amount to 10 to prevent the pennies ticking past and started fuelling, pump stopped at 7.59 and refused to pump any more.
    5) Put max back to 25 and pumped 10.02 and finally had 10 transactions for both paypal accounts.

What a palava. Now to see if I get the 5s back.

All this was after DD2s team collapsed after a hard fought match, 0-1 down with 15 mins to play and equal chances either end to 0-4 full time and back to the car to find because I had parked not in a marked bay (car park was full when I arrived with at least half a dozen cars using perfectly reasonable but unmarked spaces so I had just assumed it was acceptable) that I now need to pay a 35 parking ticket
    Originally posted by michaels
    I couldn't t be bothered
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th Nov 18, 4:43 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,847 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Kettle's on peeps.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 10th Nov 18, 4:50 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 4,745 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Kettle's on peeps.
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    A black coffee for me please. I've been doing some plastering in our hallway. It's just filling in holes where the builders bashed bits of plaster off the walls when they were working in the living room. It's lime plaster and our whole hallway is pretty 'rustic' and no straight lines anywhere so I don't need to be too neat . I managed not to make a complete mess so that's something. My husband is up in the loft putting down boards up there. Although it's a really fiddly job as we've also bought all these little plastic legs so the boards don't squash the insulation. I think I got the easy job!
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th Nov 18, 5:00 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,847 Thanks
    pacifica9
    A black coffee for me please. I've been doing some plastering in our hallway. It's just filling in holes where the builders bashed bits of plaster off the walls when they were working in the living room. It's lime plaster and our whole hallway is pretty 'rustic' and no straight lines anywhere so I don't need to be too neat . I managed not to make a complete mess so that's something. My husband is up in the loft putting down boards up there. Although it's a really fiddly job as we've also bought all these little plastic legs so the boards don't squash the insulation. I think I got the easy job!
    Originally posted by Freewheeling
    Well deserved!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
    • Freewheeling
    • By Freewheeling 10th Nov 18, 5:12 PM
    • 553 Posts
    • 4,745 Thanks
    Freewheeling
    Well deserved!
    Originally posted by pacifica9
    Thank you! I suppose I should probably go and see if he needs any help .
    • lindez
    • By lindez 10th Nov 18, 5:31 PM
    • 342 Posts
    • 1,199 Thanks
    lindez
    Hi Just found this thread it is very interesting and informative I have subscribed hope that is ok
    Payment A Day Chapter 18:
    MFWB#44
    • josie_ann57
    • By josie_ann57 10th Nov 18, 5:41 PM
    • 1,363 Posts
    • 17,682 Thanks
    josie_ann57
    Evening elite, in T's everyday tinned toms for 19p.
    Having been to local t's for the last 4 days and not seen any robin toilet paper, I was fortunate to fine some on the shelf today, priced at 1.90 but scanning at 36p
    Sometimes memories sneak out of my eyes and roll down my cheeks.
    • pacifica9
    • By pacifica9 10th Nov 18, 5:49 PM
    • 3,070 Posts
    • 39,847 Thanks
    pacifica9
    Hi Just found this thread it is very interesting and informative I have subscribed hope that is ok
    Originally posted by lindez
    Of course it's ok. Welcome!
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Nov 18, 5:54 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 8,401 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Anyone had an email from Nectar online?

"Hi there,
    You've been given 500 bonus Nectar points as part of Sainsbury's Swipe and Win weekend. To claim your points, click the 'Claim your points' button below by 21 November 2018, and the points will be in your account by the 30 December*. "

Wish they would appear in the account a bit earlier, but a nice little extra
    Originally posted by Enterprise 1701C
    I had an email today as well. I assumed it was for the voucher I missed because the till I used wasnt issuing vouchers. They said that I would be emailed with some points.

SnS
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Nov 18, 5:57 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,486 Thanks
    bubbs
    I'm not sure whether to be or

I (sometimes) prefer late deliveries. Means I can watch Jezza for free for another year. Also Amazon Prime have gained some live Premier League matches for next year so look forward to that freebie too.

Morning everyone.
    Originally posted by karlie88
    I have had an extra month and a fiver off them, but again last night was promised today without fail, guess what still not here! On the actual order it now says Tuesday!
    Unfortunately I have missed the boat on most of the goodies around lately...Have been without my car for two weeks...I got it back last night....They say you get things go wrong in threes...I certainly had that....

I hit a pheasant first causing damage to my front grill on the car..Not a problem and easily remedied..The blighters do dither crossing the road. Blooming thing got most of the way across to the other side then decided it would run back in front of me...Following week on the way home from a shopping expedition. The clutch started to slip..Strange I thought..Reversed on the drive and a line of oil followed me....(Nothing to do with the Pheasant)...My clutch Pressure plate had given way over time and one of the tines had scored its way through the bell housing, causing oil to leak all over the clutch. Fortunately the gearbox was still good...So a replacement bell housing casing and clutch assembly sorted that...Not a cheap fix though...Then if that wasn't enough my blooming boiler decided it didn't want to work...Spent a day trying to fix that before giving up...Tried to get a boiler engineer out but it was a Friday so no heating for a weekend during the cold spell we had.......I was sure it was only an air lock in the system so I persevered with it on the Monday...Thankfully I cured the problem and its been running like a dream ever since....

Went out this morning to find toilet rolls...Tried three teskies but nothing....even scanned the tuna in the hope i might get a tin of that......Not even a Tesco magazine in sight...Gave up and came home
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Marmie, what a blommin time you have had!!!

JTS , dunno where the quote went for you but please be more careful, how did you manage to do that? Trying to escape the wifes cuddles?
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    :- 5 st 2 1/2 lb
    • silvercar
    • By silvercar 10th Nov 18, 6:26 PM
    • 38,116 Posts
    • 160,285 Thanks
    silvercar
    Was going to go to the candle lighting at Tower of London, but when we got there the weather was so bad, the area was overcrowded and they kept shutting the tube station for safety. So we decided to come home. I don't mind as we'd had a nice day walking along the south bank, but it was a shame not to see the candles.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Nov 18, 7:03 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,486 Thanks
    bubbs
    Was going to go to the candle lighting at Tower of London, but when we got there the weather was so bad, the area was overcrowded and they kept shutting the tube station for safety. So we decided to come home. I don't mind as we'd had a nice day walking along the south bank, but it was a shame not to see the candles.
    Originally posted by silvercar
    That is a shame we have had some really heavy showers today
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 350 for 2015, 2016 400 Actual345, 400 for 2017 Actual 500 770 for 2018
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 10th Nov 18, 7:25 PM
    • 17,915 Posts
    • 214,876 Thanks
    mhoc
    [QUOTE=bubbs;75032373]I have had an extra month and a fiver off them, but again last night was promised today without fail, guess what still not here! On the actual order it now says Tuesday!

Go to amazon customer services chat and tell them this - they gave me 5 credit last night. This morning it now gives a new delivery date and says to contact the seller if nothing has arrived by Thursday.
    I went onto chat again this morning as I'd had no update email and they gave me another 3 credit.
    Thursday will come and go ...
    My Amazon prime expires in December so I could do with some extra months
    Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.
    • bubbs
    • By bubbs 10th Nov 18, 7:30 PM
    • 53,199 Posts
    • 630,486 Thanks
    bubbs
    [QUOTE=mhoc;75032710]
    I have had an extra month and a fiver off them, but again last night was promised today without fail, guess what still not here! On the actual order it now says Tuesday!

Go to amazon customer services chat and tell them this - they gave me 5 credit last night. This morning it now gives a new delivery date and says to contact the seller if nothing has arrived by Thursday.
    I went onto chat again this morning as I'd had no update email and they gave me another 3 credit.
    Thursday will come and go ...
    My Amazon prime expires in December so I could do with some extra months
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I am already on chat, he is just investigating
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Nov 18, 8:07 PM
    • 36,602 Posts
    • 497,177 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Good morning. Another 20 for us on Q today.

Maybe see you in Sainsburys today TM, preparing for double-up (my vouchers still have not replied, there will be an email sent if they do not arrive today as I have taken monday as a holiday to spend them)..

Excellent news HG, bet you slept well last night.
    Originally posted by elainemn
    Have you got your vouchers yet elaine?

I couldn't face the queues in S to get points exchanged

However we did get some diesel and received a tillspit for 480 points if you spend 8 on chicken. This would take me up to the next voucher amount but I really don't need any more chicken I feel I'm getting sucked into overspending when I really am trying my best to get the stash down.

I've made another Christmas cake today and I was relieved to get rid of dried fruit and flour which was out of date.

I've actually been restocking the kitchen tins and jars which has reduced the pasta, stock cubes and tin stuff
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Nov 18, 8:15 PM
    • 36,602 Posts
    • 497,177 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    New Lidl moments mag out with a 5 coupon from 15th.

Don't know what spend is as no mags left in stand, they will be getting more tomorrow.

May hopefully have couple of other coupons like last year off mince pies, etc.
    Originally posted by izzeyb
    No mags for me Iz the bizz

I made it to Marksies too. My massive birthday order arrived today and I returned shoes and boots. The queues in there were horrendous too.

I used the 2 off wys 12 on meat to buy a beef joint for tomorrow. Reductions would have been great but I couldn't wait. Loads and loads of burgers, sausages and mince already at first reductions early afternoon despite initially being at half price
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Anon
    • By Anon 10th Nov 18, 8:27 PM
    • 13,502 Posts
    • 150,749 Thanks
    Anon
    Did the esso petrol:
    1) 130.9 per litre compared to 122.9 at A/T
    2) First mistake did not press the final 'pay by paypal' button before starting fuelling so first 10 had to be paid in kiosk.
    3) Second attempt and the app did not register that fuelling had finished - in the end I had to turn phone off and back on and saw that the transaction had taken place.
    Switched to second paypal account in app
    4) Set max amount to 10 to prevent the pennies ticking past and started fuelling, pump stopped at 7.59 and refused to pump any more.
    5) Put max back to 25 and pumped 10.02 and finally had 10 transactions for both paypal accounts.

What a palava. Now to see if I get the 5s back.

All this was after DD2s team collapsed after a hard fought match, 0-1 down with 15 mins to play and equal chances either end to 0-4 full time and back to the car to find because I had parked not in a marked bay (car park was full when I arrived with at least half a dozen cars using perfectly reasonable but unmarked spaces so I had just assumed it was acceptable) that I now need to pay a 35 parking ticket
    Originally posted by michaels
    I had a similar experience - 10 authorised, pump stopped at 9.15 and died - cashier said his system showed 9.07 . He took pity on me and gave me 1 of fuel . He wasn't sure why it stopped but from what you say the pre-authorisation limit seems to be kicking in with a margin to prevent overspending.

I just checked and I have had an email through from PayPal - promo voucher taken off and charged 4.15 . Which suggests the voucher may be kicking in on the pre authorisation amount, not the amount spent ...?

Diesel was 137.9 a litre - about 10p a litre more than supermarkets .

Anon
    Last edited by Anon; 10-11-2018 at 8:30 PM.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Nov 18, 8:27 PM
    • 36,602 Posts
    • 497,177 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Morning TM, we tried to over winter geraniums one year and all we got the next was lush greenery no flowers, having said that we are no gardeners so maybe did it wrong 😂
    Originally posted by izzy65
    Hi TM

I overwinter mine under the bench in the Greenhouse...Cover them over with fleece or straw, keep them moist but not wet...As long as you keep the frost off them they will come through the winter....When they start to grow, take cuttings so that you get good vigorous growth and I would say it is best to discard the old roots....It was an amazing year for Geraniums...Mine are still flowering in the green house...They gave loads of seeds, some of which germinated around the plant....I have potted these up and brought them into the house...Hopefully they will be ultra early next year...I have also kept loads of the seeds to propogate next spring......That is surprisingly not far away....It really has been an exceptional year but, it was far to dry for most plants..
    Originally posted by marmitelovemehateme
    Thanks both of you

I think I'm going to bring them inside this year. They didn't survive the terrible winter we had last year. The greenhouse was too cold and damp I think. The end room is unbeaten and it's bright and I think they might like it there. Thanks for the tip on taking cuttings marmie
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • SweetnSavvy
    • By SweetnSavvy 10th Nov 18, 8:31 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 8,401 Thanks
    SweetnSavvy
    Ive been looking at the Braun Silk Epilator Face Cleanser SE810 which is half price in S and Im thinking also in the double up.

The reviews on Amazon are very mixed and I wondered if anyone here had any experience of this. Thanks in advance.

SnS
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Nov 18, 8:35 PM
    • 36,602 Posts
    • 497,177 Thanks
    TrulyMadly
    Yes I agree.

Just measured a walnut whip , one in a 3 pack , one and a half inches high :eek no chance of getting fat on them nowadays , also minus the walnuts.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    It's not even a walnut whip..

Without a walnut it's just a whip

To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

172Posts Today

1,390Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin