Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• lj*
    lj* Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    Picked up my free t shirt form M's and there is £5 off leggings now to go with it!
    A big thankyou to all you lovely elite, you are all :A. rl tends to take over when I'm back at work so don't post as much as I would like. I am going to try a wine shop today as over by A's and maybe pop in to the JL easter event. ( Hoping for free choccy nibbles!) :)
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :o:o:o

Today we have guests to stay to look after house, arriving in 3 hours time..
    Last night the cat with the slack bladder peed on our bed :( avoiding the incontinence sheet :( went right through to heavy wool under blanket. Stripped bedding washed & draped around house..
    Then she peed on the guest bed :eek::eek:
    We had to sleep in sleeping bags :o

So today is fraught with damp bedding and last minute house cleaning - we really didn't need this :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning luvlies

Thanks again elaine for your updated wine list, much appreciated by many on here I think :beer:

DH popped to our T express last night, quite a few beers RTC. He bought 15 x 300ml boxes of Bud (£10 price flashed on packaging) for £6.50. Also had large bottles of San Miguel and another lager for £1.40 and real ales also reduced. Went to another express after, similar offers but with a whole stack of the bud unpriced ;)

I forgot to say, TXtra had lots of reductions in the beer, cider and bitter aisles - single bottles and various multi packs on various brands.

HTH

Anon
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    02 Priority free egg from Th0rtons - 10,000 today and tomorrow if you are quick. Go early as they are running out quickly.

HTH

Anon
  • lj*
    lj* Posts: 234 Forumite
    Options
    :mad: and dont forget the quidco £2.50 easter bonus..... like I just did!!!!
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    [SIZE=+1]chieveley was yesterday's smartest player![/SIZE] star.gif

:D:D

23 players played.

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

[SIZE=+0]Today's Topic (Saturday): Literature 1 : Easier

[/SIZE]redbarrowsi.jpg
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Good morning all, what a grey day, rain overnight too.
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning paw sniffers:D

Well my wine shop never materialised last night:o

I got hijacked:eek:

DD informed us that her solicitor had rang and her house purchase was going through 3 weeks early. So I spent until 8.30 last night furniture shopping. Next Home closed at 8pm but staff were working until 1pm getting ready for the sale and said we could stay in to finish our purchases. We got a stoppyback:rotfl:

Unbelievably, Next can deliver a suite and a bed within 5 working days. Every other furniture store was a 6 to 8 week wait.

Unsure if Barker and Stonehouse is national or not but it was the furniture store of choice for me from when we were first married.

Every piece of furniture we've bought from them has stood the test of time. But what a disappointment it was last night. They now have a flagship store at Teesside and we paid it a visit.
    You have never seen furniture like it. So ridiculously out there and futuristic, I wouldn't give it standing room in our house. There were wardrobes that looked as if they were made out of old floorboards, dining tables made from the wings of old aeroplanes, drawers made from old metal suitcases etc. And it cost ££££££££.

Anyway back to this morning.....I'm now going wine shopping:T:T:T

We had a Barker and Stonehouse open near us not long ago, took one look at their website and went into shock!

Don't get me wrong, like decent furniture, we have solid oak in the lounge and pine in the dining room, don't go for laminated any more, but seriously, you can find it at a better price than that!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • MKS
    MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Haha, you know me too well :D
    She’s doing really well, thank you for asking. Fully recovered from her surgery and getting to grips with going out and about on her bus pass. Already talking about getting back on her bike once the weather is a bit warmer :eek: Inquest is on Thursday, although it should just be a formality we hope.
    Hope you and yours are all doing well. Time for another holiday soon? ;)

Good news about mil. Hopefully all will go as expected on Thursday, if you know what I mean.
    We are fine, thanks.
    39 days and counting.:D Your next one?
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Someone posted that the Cadbury's buttons were available in home bargains during the week. I got some but they are not the normal dairy milk. They are marked as CAD on the SEL and the nutritional matched cadbury's but the chocolate is really sweet, more like the chocolate on creme eggs and was not that nice. Will be okay for cooking. (I am a chocoholic.)

Sorry that was me.
    I was disappointed as well, grabbed a couple in a rush then opened them last night.
    Not very nice on their own but I'll melt them and use on top of flapjack.

Morning peeps.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    Nivea Men Sensitive Stubble Moisturiserising Gel 50ml on SD website half price @ £4.50....found in-store this morning at 90p.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure