Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • redfox
    • By redfox 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    • 13,772Posts
    • 37,500Thanks
    redfox
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2
    • 6th Nov 17, 3:30 PM
    Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2 6th Nov 17 at 3:30 PM
    MoneySavingExpert insert:

We've received reports that some posts on here possibly advocate fraud.

Please remember MoneySavingExpert is about saving money legally. If you're at all unsure please don't post.

Back to the original post...

-----

Welcome to a new long lasting Elite 11+ glitch and chat thread.

It's a great group and community so enjoy!

All the relevant information can be found in post number 2.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 19-02-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Page 2711
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Nov 18, 9:07 AM
    • 4,875 Posts
    • 94,086 Thanks
    izzeyb
    Xmas loo rolls still scanning at 36pin a superstore

That's my next door neighbours sorted.
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Nov 18, 9:20 AM
    • 20,375 Posts
    • 215,344 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Good morning all, blue sky and sunshine here, although we had a lot of rain overnight.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • izzeyb
    • By izzeyb 10th Nov 18, 9:20 AM
    • 4,875 Posts
    • 94,086 Thanks
    izzeyb
    New Lidl moments mag out with a 5 coupon from 15th.

Don't know what spend is as no mags left in stand, they will be getting more tomorrow.

May hopefully have couple of other coupons like last year off mince pies, etc.
    Last edited by izzeyb; 10-11-2018 at 1:17 PM.
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Nov 18, 9:23 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 16,133 Thanks
    Arthien
    Morning all!

Another busy week in the Arthien household so I'm once again paying catch-up.

Thanks for the loo roll info, I got 10 packs of robins a couple of days ago while on my travels - apologies to any Elite in the Aylesbury area!

I also got a couple of advent calendars for 1 each so at least that is sorted. I did wonder whether to wait for COS/CS to do an offer like last year but I thought I could just get extra for the food bank if that happens.

Snap, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, my FIL had a similar diagnosis around the same time so I understand what you're going through. FIL had his voicebox removed fairly early on, in the hope that would stop it in its tracks, but it wasn't to be. In the end, he spent his last few months breathing wheezily through a hole in his neck, feeding only through a peg tube, communicating by mouthing and too weak to do much other than sleep. He told us if he had known what his life would be like after the operation, he would have rather have not had it done and had a few months of enjoying his remaining time with his family instead.

Wishing you strength for what lies ahead, you and your family are in my thoughts.
    • TrulyMadly
    • By TrulyMadly 10th Nov 18, 9:25 AM
    • 36,602 Posts
    • 497,177 Thanks
    TrulyMadly

Originally posted by izzeyb
    They never restocked at my T. I've been calling most days before work.
    They are really good value. We still have the same toilet roll I took a pic of earlier in the week. It would usually be changed by now

New Lidl moments mag out with a 5 coupon from 15th.

Don't know what spend is as no mags left in stand, they will be getting more tomorrow.

May hopefully have couple of other coupons like last year off mince pies etc.
    Oooh....I will have a look this morning and report back if I can find them
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Nov 18, 9:30 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 16,133 Thanks
    Arthien
    Does anyone know when the sweet Sunday tickets have to be used by? I claimed all my codes but need to know when to spend them by.

Also, if anyone has nowtv, could you please tell me if Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is on it? Was thinking of going to see the second one but haven't got round to watching the first one yet. I may need to start a(nother) free trial
    • Jeremiah T Stone
    • By Jeremiah T Stone 10th Nov 18, 9:39 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 9,889 Thanks
    Jeremiah T Stone
    Good morning shopmates

So pleased to read your news HG

Unfortunately I fell out of bed during the night, hitting the right side of my face and head on the bedside table. Despite using a bag of frozen peas (well they were petit pois to be exact) - I have heavy swelling and bruising. Cant see at all out of my right ear

Hope everyone else has a better start to the day than me
    Fighting Recurring Cancer
    • mattswife
    • By mattswife 10th Nov 18, 9:43 AM
    • 148 Posts
    • 1,249 Thanks
    mattswife
    Omg JTS!!! Hope you recover fast! Did smile and not being able to see out your ear. Hope your sight and or hearing returns fast. Xxx
    • Enterprise 1701C
    • By Enterprise 1701C 10th Nov 18, 9:46 AM
    • 20,375 Posts
    • 215,344 Thanks
    Enterprise 1701C
    Oh dear JTS, not good. Have you got some arnica to bring out the bruising? I believe it makes it heal faster, but might end up being corrected.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
    • izzy65
    • By izzy65 10th Nov 18, 10:29 AM
    • 2,697 Posts
    • 43,529 Thanks
    izzy65
    Hugs to tweets

It is gorgeous. I've been out tidying up my pots. They are at that stage where things are still in flower believe it or not but they are looking very tired and messy

I have a load of geraniums this year. Do folk over winter them on here?
    Originally posted by TrulyMadly
    Morning TM, we tried to over winter geraniums one year and all we got the next was lush greenery no flowers, having said that we are no gardeners so maybe did it wrong 😂
    The person who never makes a mistake never learns anything.
    • sirbaksiu
    • By sirbaksiu 10th Nov 18, 10:35 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 697 Thanks
    sirbaksiu
    Does anyone know when the sweet Sunday tickets have to be used by? I claimed all my codes but need to know when to spend them by.

Also, if anyone has nowtv, could you please tell me if Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is on it? Was thinking of going to see the second one but haven't got round to watching the first one yet. I may need to start a(nother) free trial
    Originally posted by Arthien
    18th November is the last day to use them I think
    • Danigrace
    • By Danigrace 10th Nov 18, 11:15 AM
    • 369 Posts
    • 2,209 Thanks
    Danigrace

Originally posted by Arthien
    Yes, Fantastic Beasts is on now tv
    Danigrace
    • Saversue
    • By Saversue 10th Nov 18, 11:20 AM
    • 1,758 Posts
    • 24,142 Thanks
    Saversue
    Robins still scanning at 36p this morning.
    Took some to Mum yesterday, wasn't sure how many she would want as diddnt know is she would use it through the year.
    But she said she didn't care what was on them as her bum couldn't tell
    Asked her what her visitors would think, she said they didn't have to use it if they didn't like it..
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 10th Nov 18, 11:21 AM
    • 10,424 Posts
    • 118,561 Thanks
    emerald21
    They never restocked at my T. I've been calling most days before work.
    They are really good value. We still have the same toilet roll I took a pic of earlier in the week. It would usually be changed by now

Oooh....I will have a look this morning and report back if I can find them

They ve never flaming had any in our three nearest full stop

Good morning all
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Nov 18, 11:23 AM
    • 2,877 Posts
    • 32,331 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme
    Hugs to tweets

It is gorgeous. I've been out tidying up my pots. They are at that stage where things are still in flower believe it or not but they are looking very tired and messy

I have a load of geraniums this year. Do folk over winter them on here?

Hi TM

I overwinter mine under the bench in the Greenhouse...Cover them over with fleece or straw, keep them moist but not wet...As long as you keep the frost off them they will come through the winter....When they start to grow, take cuttings so that you get good vigorous growth and I would say it is best to discard the old roots....It was an amazing year for Geraniums...Mine are still flowering in the green house...They gave loads of seeds, some of which germinated around the plant....I have potted these up and brought them into the house...Hopefully they will be ultra early next year...I have also kept loads of the seeds to propogate next spring......That is surprisingly not far away....It really has been an exceptional year but, it was far to dry for most plants..
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Nov 18, 11:25 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 16,133 Thanks
    Arthien
    18th November is the last day to use them I think
    Originally posted by sirbaksiu
    Yes, Fantastic Beasts is on now tv
    Originally posted by Danigrace
    Thank you both!
    • Arthien
    • By Arthien 10th Nov 18, 11:27 AM
    • 1,405 Posts
    • 16,133 Thanks
    Arthien
    Robins were actually marked up as RTC 36p in my superstore yesterday, unsurprisingly there was a large gap on the shelf
    • karlie88
    • By karlie88 10th Nov 18, 11:28 AM
    • 8,647 Posts
    • 107,309 Thanks
    karlie88
    Karlie, still not had my Amazon delivery
    Originally posted by bubbs
    I am also missing an order due today - Going through chat later - Ive not had an email to say there was a delay.
    Originally posted by mhoc
    I'm not sure whether to be or

I (sometimes) prefer late deliveries. Means I can watch Jezza for free for another year. Also Amazon Prime have gained some live Premier League matches for next year so look forward to that freebie too.

Morning everyone.
    Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member
    • marmitelovemehateme
    • By marmitelovemehateme 10th Nov 18, 11:36 AM
    • 2,877 Posts
    • 32,331 Thanks
    marmitelovemehateme

Unfortunately I have missed the boat on most of the goodies around lately...Have been without my car for two weeks...I got it back last night....They say you get things go wrong in threes...I certainly had that....

I hit a pheasant first causing damage to my front grill on the car..Not a problem and easily remedied..The blighters do dither crossing the road. Blooming thing got most of the way across to the other side then decided it would run back in front of me...Following week on the way home from a shopping expedition. The clutch started to slip..Strange I thought..Reversed on the drive and a line of oil followed me....(Nothing to do with the Pheasant)...My clutch Pressure plate had given way over time and one of the tines had scored its way through the bell housing, causing oil to leak all over the clutch. Fortunately the gearbox was still good...So a replacement bell housing casing and clutch assembly sorted that...Not a cheap fix though...Then if that wasn't enough my blooming boiler decided it didn't want to work...Spent a day trying to fix that before giving up...Tried to get a boiler engineer out but it was a Friday so no heating for a weekend during the cold spell we had.......I was sure it was only an air lock in the system so I persevered with it on the Monday...Thankfully I cured the problem and its been running like a dream ever since....

Went out this morning to find toilet rolls...Tried three teskies but nothing....even scanned the tuna in the hope i might get a tin of that......Not even a Tesco magazine in sight...Gave up and came home
    39 Mouses

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!!
    • russetred
    • By russetred 10th Nov 18, 11:48 AM
    • 1,226 Posts
    • 9,371 Thanks
    russetred
    Morning. Does anyone know if I doubled up my nectar points online would they arrive before 18/11? TIA
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

177Posts Today

1,581Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin