Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all :hello:

Hope you are ok TM :eek::eek:

Question. Probably a stupid one but here goes
    When taking games to sell to CEX, is it better to remove the cellophane wrapping. As I guess most people taking games to sell there are taking 2nd hand ones, so taking a new one will look weird. I bought one in Sainz with the double up and plan to take it to the local CEX place today.
    tia :)

I would leave cellophane wrapping on and say son/daughter got 2 for birthday and didn't need both :D

Saying that staff would probably rip cellophane off to check it lol :cool:
  • tweets
    Options
    No think they sell for a fixed price. Never been in a CEX (careful how I type that :rotfl:) shop before. :eek:

I never know how to pronounce CEX :eek: :o
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all!

I've been one of Zag's lurkers the last week or so. DH received bad news about his dad last week so that threw everything off kilter in the Arthien household, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future :(

Quick request for Di if she's reading - what was the name of the decent anti sickness medication please?

Just a quick thanks to the poster that mentioned the walnut-less whips, sorry I lost the post I was going to respond to. Funny enough I'd actually just been in to B&M about an hour or so earlier and found them! The world works in mysterious ways...

No 20% Sparks discount for me as I've not spent enough yet, I've only had the card a couple of months. It's a pity as I wanted to get DH a present but was waiting for another discount code. I suspect a girly shopping trip with my mum today will soon get me more points though :rotfl:

If anyone hasn't picked up their Milkybar calendars yet, double check CS as I've got it on mine until 30th Nov.
  • tweets
    Options
    3Dogs lists....Posts 210 211 212 213 214

That made me laugh you posting straight after honeybee :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • tweets
    Options
    Arthien sorry about fil (((X)))
  • tweets
    Options
    Now I have caught up.

Good Morning :hello:
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    I would leave cellophane wrapping on and say son/daughter got 2 for birthday and didn't need both :D

Saying that staff would probably rip cellophane off to check it lol :cool:
    Ah great idea. Thanks :D
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    edited 18 November 2017 at 9:29AM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Morning paw sniffers:D

I’m up early. Busy day ahead.

I didn’t get to tell you about my mishap yesterday.

As usual I was rushing around to an appointment early yesterday morning. I usually park in A’s car park close to where I had a meeting. There had been a bit of a ground frost yesterday, but I was surprised to see that A had salted/ gritted the entire car park with what looked like tiny little plastic balls.
    I was wearing a pair of kitten heel boots freshly out of my winter wardrobe. If I’d thought about it , I would have remembered that I nearly broke my neck in them last year on a slippy floor.:eek:

I think you can see where I’m going with this:o

Within yards of leaving the car, I did a bambi on ice impersonation and fell spectacularly on these blooming slippy things.....just as a car was turning the corner into the car park. It was impossible to save myself and I fell, just glancing my head against the front wheel of the oncoming car.:eek:

I was totally unhurt and felt more embarrassed than anything else:o

Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day contemplating what might have been and how in a split second your life can change or even end:eek:

I realised my family would have misrepresented my demise......well.....she died doing what she loved.....wombling:rotfl:

I thought about “poetic justice” and “divine retribution”......meeting my maker in an Asda car park:rotfl:

I would like to think that my tombstne would read “ she lived by the sword and died by the sword” but more likely would be.....

“Here lies TM, squashed in an Asda carpark”

:rotfl::rotfl:

:

Good morning Elite.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy, well and upright :eek: Glad you were not hurt! Please, no kitten heels this morning. :). Hugs to those in need.

Have a good day all.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • gymbo
    gymbo Posts: 123 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Hope you are ok TM :eek::eek:

Question. Probably a stupid one but here goes
    When taking games to sell to CEX, is it better to remove the cellophane wrapping. As I guess most people taking games to sell there are taking 2nd hand ones, so taking a new one will look weird. I bought one in Sainz with the double up and plan to take it to the local CEX place today.
    tia :)

Morning, I took a game there earlier in the week, it was still sealed but the SA had to split the seal to make sure it was intact before he could give me the cash. A completely painless process which I would be happy to do again X HTH
  • josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Are you okay taking Cinnamon over there, know they are very strick on things, worth a check to avoid a fine.

Sorry, I forgot to put grahams after the cinnamon, it's the cereal he wants. Strange what people miss from home. But I will check that they are OK to take, thank you. I will definitely be going through 'things to declare' after watching Border Control!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure