IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking Ltd - SCS Law Letter Received Today

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Please re-read post #4 and address some of the points raised there.

In particular, if it is a letter from a debt collector, then ignore it.
  • hitman126
    Options
    Affirmative.

The letter is from SCS Law but goes on to say contact Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hitman126 wrote: »
    Affirmative.

The letter is from SCS Law but goes on to say contact Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.

Debt collectors letter

IGNORE DRP
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    DO NOT PAY DRP
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Alternatively, you could treat it as a LBA and send SCS a letter as per the examples from solicitors Johnershh and Loadsofchildren123 which tells them their LBA does not comply with the new post 1/10/17 Per-action Protocol (PAP) and that they must serve much more detailed information.

You’ll find the examples in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Alternatively, you could treat it as a LBA and send SCS a letter as per the examples from solicitors Johnershh and Loadsofchildren123 which tells them their LBA does not comply with the new post 1/10/17 Per-action Protocol (PAP) and that they must serve much more detailed information.

You’ll find the examples in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2.

Agreed but do SCS, just like their buddies Gladstones,
    BWLegal, Wright Hassall, have any clue why they are
    doing this ?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Can any of you legal coves give me an answer to my post number 9 please.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hitman126 .... have you complained to the gym yet ?

Ralph:cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @TheDeep

a "notification letter" is really little else other than saying We are instructed by X in connection with debt Y which relates to a parking matter.

That's a statement of fact and would break no rules or obligations. It is common to be instructed with little information in the early stages, whilst a commercial client collates and sends in papers. It also presumably asks to direct all future correspondence to be sent to them, which serves a purpose. The fact that it possibly puts the fear of God into some recipients is another matter.

In my view where the distinction needs to be drawn is with the subsequent Letter of Claim. That is a formal notice of intention to proceed with litigation. To get to that stage or to issue proceedings without information relevant to the claim is an abuse.

Fortunately, where the new protocol does assist is that it actually requires proper information to be provided. This will slow down the bulk-issued letters and (hopefully) we will see some more reasoned paperwork when they do proceed. Whilst it has caused initial confusion, I welcome the more detailed particulars of claim that the new protocols appear to have triggered.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you, most helpful. Solicitors seem to be given much free rein to send letters with may cause much anguish to the meek and vulnerable.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Depends really. I suspect a certain PPC firm of solicitors found my 4 page letter of response rather more intimidating than I found their single-sided letter of claim to be....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure