Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 26th Oct 17, 7:52 AM
    • 318Posts
    • 2,561Thanks
    Pauper1
    Are we nearly there yet?
    • 26th Oct 17, 7:52 AM
    Are we nearly there yet? 26th Oct 17 at 7:52 AM
    I've been on these forums for nine years (according to all the messages I got from MSE Badger when I signed back in after a few years break), so it's been nine years that I've struggled with money. DH and I entered our 'living together life' with £2k worth of debt, and I remember thinking we'd never get out of it. It massively snowballed after we bought our house in 2010, especially when I became ill, and at our highest we owed nearly £40k.

After we had our son, we were living in a 2 bed flat, without a garden, and no prospect of moving for years despite the fact we wanted another baby. Our DMP wasn't due to end until 2030something, when we'd be in our 40s. We spent a year or so weighing up the various options - not having another baby yet, me going back to work to pay it all off sooner, having another baby and dealing with the smallness of the house, IVA. In the end we decided to sell our house as it had gone up in value so much.

Unfortunately we didn't make enough to pay it all off outright, so we're currently going through the settlement process with StepChange. We're making about a 58% offer I believe, but with supporting evidence as to why our income won't change in the foreseeable, so they are better off accepting the offer. It works in our favour that rent is so much more expensive than our mortgage, as our DFD based on the new DMP is 2044! Our debt advisor says they probably won't want to wait that long. I'm just waiting for my MH counsellor to send a letter about my PND that I can pass on to StepChange, and then the ball will get rolling.

In the meantime, as our disposable income has dropped, I am focusing on spending less and trying to build up some savings. Once the debt is all settled, it will be about 4 years before the partial settlements/defaults drop off our credit file and we can think about buying again. So I will be trying to get a deposit together in those 4 years.

We are due our second baby now in April, and I am working through my PND with a local counselling service. I will probably go back on the meds once baby is born, and then when it's about 2 (or before, if I'm going mad) I will try to find work to build up the savings even more. I'm also keeping busy with the OU.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £11,554.25 £39,349.41 Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... Now aiming for Summer 2021
Page 6
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 7th Dec 17, 9:04 AM
    • 813 Posts
    • 4,168 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Well done on getting your report done! Its a fine balance trying to get on top of everything but housework is always the bottom of my list, I would much rather give DS some quality time, housework can wait. When DS was younger I would always try and make cleaning up fun for us so that he helped me rather than undone all of my tidying! The good thing about that now is that he is very helpful when it comes to tidying up. Have a lovely day even if it is miserable!
    Debt free by Christmas 2018 #004: 2565.82/7445.69
    £2018 in 2018 #25: 674.21/2018
    SPC 586
    • Drawingaline
    • By Drawingaline 7th Dec 17, 9:07 AM
    • 426 Posts
    • 1,442 Thanks
    Drawingaline
    Morning sickness sucks. I was rarely actually sick, but that all day hang over feeling is so so draining, without even the benefit of the good night out beforehand

Good luck with today, it's awful weather here, I am waiting to take the smallest to school then off to work. Enjoy your baking.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 7th Dec 17, 3:45 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Drawlingaline It's chucked it down here pretty much all day, it perked up a bit a few hours ago but is now raining again! Hope you didn't get soaked on the school runs, and work went okay.

DebtFreeDuo We do similar and DS loves to help me carry things or hang washing up. It's so cute. It definitely takes longer but it's beneficial for both of us. My DH is *still* useless when it comes to housework, I think he genuinely doesn't realise what needs to be done. He didn't even know how to do toast when we moved in together, as his mum did/does everything! So I make an extra effort to include DS in everything I do so that he can be a much more useful adult haha.

Housework is definitely the bottom of my list too, but we needed to get a wash on and put some toys away as I couldn't see the floor etc. It's taken us most of the day, but we've played a lot around all of this as well. We baked some banana muffins this morning and took a bath together, so hopefully I've refilled his cup today.

Today has been my second NSD in a row! Tomorrow won't be though, DS is having a haircut and we've got our 20 week scan in the afternoon so will probably go for a celebratory coffee afterwards (fingers crossed!).

I can't decide whether I want to find out the sex. We didn't with DS but I didn't get the magical "it's a boyyyyy!" moment because he was checked over for so long after birth, and I didn't get to see him for about 45 minutes, so by the time I did it was more "he's alright!". I'd like to be able to enjoy it this time, and obviously the birth will hopefully be different, but at least this way we definitely get that moment. Also, I'm 99% convinced that it's another boy, and while I don't mind either way, I'm worried I'll be disappointed if I go another 4 months thinking it's a boy and then that 1% chance it's a girl happens... On the other hand, I like the suspense, the guessing, the fact it's not 'common' to not find out, and DH would rather we didn't although has said it's my choice.
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £11,554.25 £39,349.41 Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... Now aiming for Summer 2021
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 7th Dec 17, 4:22 PM
    • 813 Posts
    • 4,168 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    I found out with my DS but if I had another baby then I wouldn't find out. I always wanted a boy and a girl but I would be happy either way. You will love them unconditionally whether you find out the sex now or in 4 months time. There are lots of things I would do differently second time around though.

It sounds like you have had a lovely but productive day. I know what you mean about wanting to raise our children to have the skills they need as adults, I encourge DS to do everything with me, I would hate for him to rely on others for things and I think our main role as a parent is to raise our children to be independent.
    SPC 586
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 7th Dec 17, 6:30 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 28,321 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I didn't know the sex of my three. They weren't allowed to tell us when I had mine, but I wanted a surprise anyway . I just bought yellow and white clothes until I knew.
    My Diary http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5716867
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    Emergency Fund 1 = £560.59/Emergency Fund 2 = £0.21/Loss of Income Fund £0
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 8th Dec 17, 6:19 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Thank you, both. I also read some articles last night and I'm back on board with Team Yellow. I just have to hope the birth is different than last time, and try not to convince myself that it's a boy!

I woke up at 5am, think I'm a bit nervous, so I've been balancing my budgets. Again. We're doing well with our food shop, I think I'll be able to stretch it out until Tuesday. I'd forgotten how helpful it can be to bake things. I might try bread! We've got £37.98 in the Groceries account, and £14.86 in the Fuel one, which needs to last another 12 days..... I need to double check how much we've both got left in our tanks.

I'll use up my cash for today's spends. I forgot about the car park for the hospital as well. Gah. Need to count up my cash as DH has had it the last couple of days and I wouldn't put him past spending it. I did have £13, which would cover it - haircut £3/£4, car park £2.20 (if we get there early enough to park in the one further away) and celebratory coffee £4.05 (if we can resist mince pies...)

I've got £52.01 pending in TCB but the bigger amounts are linked to monthly payments (insurance and phone contracts), so I think it'll be a few months before they get authorised. I also have £4.46 in PA, at the moment I seem to consistently getting one survey a day, yesterday I had two. Lets hope it continues. I will try to add some bits on to FB marketplace at the weekend as well.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 16th Dec 17, 10:09 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Whoops. It's been too long since I posted. Posting every day keeps me on the straight and narrow!

Everything went well at the scan by the way.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 16th Dec 17, 10:54 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    I've done a fresh budget on YNAB as DH got paid a few days early, and am currently trying to send my student ID photo over to them but my phone is playing up

I've ignored my credit cards and the savings account I use to pay them off each month, and I'll just "spend" from the budget on there. My new problem is that I'm getting a bit confused with savings - I'm not sure how to "give every dollar a job" when I don't want to spend the emergency fund... :/ I've had a search through the FB group but it's not helping me get my head round it. The 'yearly spends' are easier because I will just put them in the month I intend to spend them - car insurance in July, wedding anniversary in December etc. Hmm, will keep thinking. I've got £1.20 as 'aged money' at the start of the month haha but I aim to build this up in 2018.
    • DebtFreeDuo
    • By DebtFreeDuo 16th Dec 17, 1:12 PM
    • 813 Posts
    • 4,168 Thanks
    DebtFreeDuo
    Can't you just pretend the emergency fund doesn't exist until you truly need it? I'm not completely sure how YNAB works but if it links with your accounts then can't you just not link that to it? I may be completely way off here though.

Glad the scan went well. I agree that posting here often keeps you more on the straight and narrow so post as often as you can just to keep your focus.
    SPC 586
    • 117pauline
    • By 117pauline 31st Dec 17, 11:27 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 7,231 Thanks
    117pauline
    Happy New Year

May all your hopes and dreams come true in 2018

Take care
    Pauline

Thank you for popping in on my thread, your support is so appreciated
    Don't get it perfect - Get it going
    Better Than Before
    • CP2016
    • By CP2016 1st Jan 18, 1:15 AM
    • 103 Posts
    • 263 Thanks
    CP2016
    Hi Pauper, would it help to give a name to the emergencies? I have categories like car maintenance, house maintenance, vet bills etc. I also have a new car category and a moving house category. That's where all my emergency fund sits. If I had an emergency I can always move money from one category to another anyway. I just find that it helps me to focus on long term goals is the money has named purpose rather than just emergencies.
    “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”
    Wiliam Morris
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 25th Feb 18, 10:13 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Goodness, it's been ages since I posted! Like usual, we've had a few setbacks *sigh* - we had to buy DH a new car (we knew it was going to happen in the early part of the year but had hoped it would be covered by his Feb bonus, which it wasn't, so had to dip into the emergency fund) and actually sitting down to think about the new baby made us realise we needed a few things for it/DS/the house, so also ate into our 'yearly spends'. I did then manage to arrange a new savings plan to cover these throughout the year though.

In terms of the settlements, we had offers accepted on 5 of our debts (effectively writing off £3245 worth off debts which is incredible), and then we accepted the counter offers on 2 of the other debts, which at the end of the process means we've gone from £27,351.29 in debt to £16,195.03. We now get passed back to the normal SC team and get refunded the remaining £8k ish of our money. I've just sat down to work out what this means for us.

I came across another old overdraft of £150 and an old debt of £50 that weren't included in the settlement debts, so I'd like to pay those off, as well as the smallest debt that wasn't agreeable in the settlement, which totals £254. I also want to bring the 3-month-EF and the 'yearly spends' back up to where they were when we sorted out all the house money in the summer.

If the £8k would pay off all the debts then I'd possibly be thinking differently, and would also throw all our savings at it. But even if I did that we'd still be left with debts of £4k, still paying £50 a month to SC and leaving us with only £100 a month after bills/food/petrol. My gut feeling is that isn't very sensible, especially as the debt isn't accruing any interest at the moment.

The way I plan on doing it leaves us £10k in debt, with total savings (not including my son's account) of about £6k.

SC say it'll take us 17 years to pay off the remaining debt, but they don't take into account my DH's bonuses are they are random and unreliable. Usually, however, they are about £2.5k a year, so add that to the monthly payments (£600 a year), and I make it 3.5 years to pay off. Plus, I plan to go "full time" at uni next October when the baby is about 18 months, which will mean we'll be entitled to maintenance loan/grants/etc (if things stay the same!)

[little pause...]

I just did the calculator and it says I'd get £8576 maintenance loan a year, and £1669 parent grant. Which is incredible! I also came across something on the main site saying that part time students will be eligible for maintenance loans at some point this year, so even if I decide to stay part time I should get something.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 1st Mar 18, 1:10 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    ARGH! We got the remaining money back this morning, which, although annoying in terms of things didn't go to plan, feels good to be able to sort out our money again. OR SO I THOUGHT... B Bank Savings Pots are doing my head in! I transferred £1k across to the main B account to bring the balance on the savings account up to where it was, and I needed to then split this between the pots. Sounds simple... but it's NOT. It doesn't always update things immediately (in the pots, not the balances), so I merrily put money across then it has a fit because I've overallocated as it hasn't show up straight away in a few of them. Try to sort it out and then carry on, fine for a while, then it stresses because I've put things in one pot twice due to it not updating properly after the previous overallocation, so again, have overallocated! I've now gone in twice on the computer and once on my phone to reduce the pots to where they should be (ie. match up what I've actually got in there with the balances on the pots) and every time it tells me I've overallocated and need to do it again. I'm giving up. I'll give it an hour while I sort out some other bits and see if it's over its tantrum.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 1st Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    As expected, when I went back in it said I had funds to allocate... *sigh* my eyes rolled so far back into my head that I saw my brain. Anyway, that's sorted. Ish. Tried to change the standing orders from the phone app and it gave me an error. Obviously. So I need to log back in on the computer at some point to do that but I've got a month, so will do it another time in case of injury to the computer.

I also paid off small amounts from our credit cards (£40ish each, which is from our usual spending but I thought I might as well use this money), paid off the £150 overdraft that I discovered in an old account and managed to negotiate a 20% settlement offer on another small debt. So we only have the two Wescot debts that refused settlement now (£16,104.25 in total). This is amazing as it's down from £39k looking at my signature! Goodness.

We've got a £4.5k emergency fund again (about 3 months expenses, but based on old figures) and £1.9k 'yearly spends', which is about £1k less than actual budgeted spends but once the standing orders are sorted out we'll be putting £114.43 a month into this account. The only problem with that is it should be about £100 a month more than that, in order to cover £2.9k spends a year. From April our income should improve slightly so hopefully I will be able to adjust that.

I don't know how much is in my son's saving account but it won't be loads, maybe £100 or so, we put £10 a month away at the moment while he's still young (but keep dipping in to it!). Again, this will have to increase at some point I expect but for now I'm happy. Plus I know my dad is also saving for him to go to uni which takes the pressure off slightly.

I mentioned on someone else's diary that my DH was encouraging me to buy a new laptop as mine was struggling to cope with the demands of my computing degree. I was sure it would be fine... but turns out that my "new" laptop (about 18 months old) literally wouldn't have enough space on it to download the software that I need, even if I took off every single thing and booted it back to basics (only a 32gb model, and doesn't have space to do the windows update either). So I got out my old MacBook, which has 250gb storage, thought "ah-ha! Genius!", but it's only 2gb ram so can't cope with running a virtual machine (which is what I need to do for my module). Everything is chugging along so slowly that it would probably take me a whole week to do a day's worth of work so, anyway, I've accepted that he might be right and have been looking at laptops. If I trade in my "new" one at PC World I could get a new MacBook for £649 which is an incredible deal, but also an incredible amount of money. I've spent hours this morning and yesterday researching laptops and I can't find one with the specs I need for less than £500. My old MacBook is 9 years old and still works fine (just not while running 2 operating systems) so I know for £150 more that I'd get longevity. I think I'm going to do it...

After all this, and making sure I've left us enough money for petrol and food this month, it leaves us with £4,767.39 to give back to Stepchange to pay off of the remaining debts, taking it down to £11,336.86. Oh my!

That's 71% of our debts paid off in just under 4 years I think. Plus, it's now at a much more manageable level.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 14th Mar 18, 8:09 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Oh gawd, I just did a giant post and then got kicked out. Gah.

BASICALLY,

1. Our remaining debts are now £11,554.25 after all the settlement stuff, and Stepchange predict it'll take us 19 years to pay off at £50 a month. From April our income will increase and this will be upped to £150 a month, so taking 6 years to pay off.

2. We are saving £107 a month for 'yearly spends' (car insurance for 2 cars, birthdays, xmas etc) but it should be £241.67. From April, I should be able to change it to this amount.

3. We are saving £10 a month in DS's account and £31 a month for an unexpected bills buffer (I want to get this account up to £700). Our Emergency Fund is back up to where I want it to be (3 months of expenses, based on old figures, but fine for now)

4. Our 1% spreadsheet is based on original debt and is £393.49 which is still a lot of money to me, whereas if I readjust for after settlement figures it's £115.54 which would be easier for me to work towards, but I'm not sure if I should change it

5. I need to try and decrease our groceries and petrol budget (£400 a month) to try and save a little each month towards the remaining debts. I plan to add these little amounts to my DH's bonuses and do an overpayment a couple of times a year. Obviously his bonuses are never guaranteed but based on previous usual figures, I hope to have our debts down to £9254 by the end of the year. (Currently it would be £11054) This would bring our DFD forward to 4.5 years time.

ALSO There is the possibility of me going to uni full time, which would give me £10,245 in loans/grants over the year, which would completely turn things on their heads and would pay everything off as soon as it came through. I have a horrible compulsion to do that from this October, but I will have a nearly 3yo and a 6mo, so I think that would be a little crazy. If it happens it should probably be October 2019.
    • enthusiasticsaver
    • By enthusiasticsaver 14th Mar 18, 9:57 AM
    • 6,410 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    enthusiasticsaver
    Just quickly read your diary. My DD has a 2 year old DD and is expecting DD2 early May. Entertaining toddlers is hard work so hope you manage to get some rest. My DD works part time and goes off on maternity leave at the end of this week as she had DD1 3 weeks early due to pre eclampsia and is hoping the same doesn't happen this time. She will be able to rest when her DD1 is at nursery or with us or other grandparents as we live local to them. I hope you have some respite so you can rest and prepare for your baby.

Firstly I always found ynab confusing. Have you tried clear checkbook? It uses an envelope system for budgeting.

I think doing a full time Uni course from October would be incredibly hard with 2 very small children but I am surprised the loan/grant is so high. Is there an amount built in for childcare?

Is there a reason you have chosen retraining rather than working part time until the children are older?
    Debt free and mortgage free and early retiree. Living the dream

I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Mortgages and Endowments, Banking and Budgeting boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 17th Mar 18, 12:20 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Aww thank you. Yes, my DS spends two mornings a week with my mum, which I usually use to study but sometimes I rest instead! Good luck to your DD and fingers crossed she avoids Pre E this time.

I haven't used clear check book, but I will have a look into it.

I also think it would be hard and that I would be a bit silly to go for it, it's just very tempting! Haha. The maintenance loan is a standard amount I believe although it is partly based on household income and ours is not very high. Some of it is a £1669 'Parent Learning Grant', also based on income. My DS isn't in nursery so I wouldn't get the childcare part.

This is my first degree so I don't have a 'career' already, and this way I get to study around the kids rather than put them in childcare in order to work. When I left work for maternity leave with DS I was on £9k so I wouldn't earn enough to justify not furthering my career in this way.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 19th Mar 18, 3:47 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Pay day tomorrow so I'm doing a little planning this afternoon.

Budget
    Bills - £1191.53
    'Yearly Spends' - £107.21
    DS Savings - £10
    Buffer - £31
    So, total in the Direct Debits account = £1339.74

Leaves us with £478.51: I'd usually budget £250 for groceries and £150 for petrol, but I'd like to challenge myself *slightly* and do groceries for £200. I've also been batch cooking for the freezer, for post-baby meals, which I would like to continue doing so I have a full freezer by the time it arrives! I have no clue if petrol is correct so will leave that for this month. I need to get a 2 cube storage thing from Argos, which is £14.99, and a few things for the baby, which I need to price up, so the cheaper I can get the groceries and petrol the better really!

Post-Baby Food Prep
    Already batched - pasta bake, lasagne, cottage pie, enchiladas, pizza
    Aim to batch - chilli, curry, bolognese, stew
    Easy Teas - I'd like to peel, par boil and freeze some potatoes for some easy mash, and keep some sausages/patties/pies in the freezer to go with it. I'll also stock up on pasta, jars of sauce and micro rice (not something I tend to use but can't argue with the ease of them!).
    Snacks - I'm also thinking of making some muffins, pancakes, lactation cookies and smoothie bags for the freezer. Will stock up on raisins, cereal bars and rice cakes.
    I will need to revisit this list as I don't think it'll last us very long!

I've got a midwife visit on Wednesday and she'll hopefully tell me if baby is finally head down. I've been holding off on buying anything else for my home birth in case it doesn't look like it'll happen. I think the only 'expensive' thing I'll have to buy would be a pool liner, which is about £35 I think.

I need to do a final To Do list for the baby as it's all over the place and I feel like there's loads left to do. I'm nearly 35 weeks so not long left to sort everything!

Meal Plan
    Tuesday - Spring veg risotto and garlic bread
    Wednesday - variation of Mumma Jack's chilli with rice (batch)
    Thursday - Chuck It All In stew with mash (batch)
    Friday - Spinach and chickpea curry with rice (batch)
    Saturday - Spaghetti bolognese (batch)

Lunches - jacket potato, cheese toasties, pitta and hummus, cheesy pasta
    Breakfasts - cereal, toast, porridge
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 19th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    Just did my online shop to be delivered tomorrow, for £40.83, and that includes 4 extra teas for batching, pies for the freezer for an easy tea, our spread, milk and gravy was on offer so got some even though we aren't out, and hopefully lots for DH's lunches (although he always manages to ruin my weekly food budget even when I think I've bought a huge amount!).

Next week I will hopefully get the extras for the snack batching I want to do.
    • Pauper1
    • By Pauper1 20th Mar 18, 7:34 AM
    • 318 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    Pauper1
    I already use PA & TCB, but I need to find more ways to boost income/decrease spending. I want to keep a record of what I'm doing as well, as I feel like that will be motivating.

I don't know if there will be anything particularly MSE happening today - my mum is taking DS swimming instead of me to prepare him for the switch once baby arrives, so I will have 1/2 an hour "free" which I could use to do surveys etc. Then we'll be at my mum's for a few hours, where I will need to do uni work. Our food shop will be delivered this afternoon.
    • Lunch at mum's DONE
    • Saved £1.85 on our 'usuals' from the food shop DONE
    • Moved the 'Direct Debit' money over to the right account so no charges or fees for us DONE
    • Will put a rinse of nappies on (I always forget that we save money every time I change DS's nappy)
    • Need to add sofa blankets to the wash that's ready to go - wanted to hang outside as it's not supposed to rain here today although it already is... so will probably just use the airer instead of risking it! DONE - and risked outside!
    • Not MSE but need to do a bit of a deeper clean in the kitchen, so will do that before we leave this morning, then the fridge will be clean ready for food shop delivery DONE
    • Will pick up my cube storage from Argos later; I'm counting this as it was a pre-planned spend that I've put off for a few weeks until payday, to make sure I really wanted it
    • Downloaded TCB toolbar notifier DONE
    • Relisted 2 things on eBay DONE

Hoping to make some bread with DS at some point this week as he has been asking to for a little while.
    Edit - just remembered I also need to wash all the newborn and baby clothes this week, and hopefully will get out into the garden with DS to plant some onion sets and potentially carrot seeds, depending on if this cold snap is *actually* going away...

15.23pm - £2.10 on PA today
    Last edited by Pauper1; 21-03-2018 at 7:47 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

165Posts Today

1,760Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin