PPI claim advice

Options
Hi

I'm trying to make a claim directly to Barclaycard for mis-sold PPI

It seems crucial I answer the question below correctly. Any advice would be much appreciated.

When you took out the policy, how would you have repaid your monthly borrowing if your salary stopped? Please ensure you include as much detail as possible in order for us to assess your complaint fully. Provide details of:
- Whether you would have received sick pay from your employer including how many months sick pay, whether this would have been full or partial.
- Whether you would have received redundancy pay and how many months pay this would be.
- Details of any insurance policies.
- Anything else.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Only you know the answers.

And if you don't, put that you don't know.
  • Tony42
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.

Wouldn't saying "I don't know" go against me?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No. They don't expect crystal clear memories.

But putting a lie down definitely will, if they check the information.
  • Tony42
    Options
    I've no intention of misinforming Barclays.

I don't remember my circumstances financially or otherwise at the time in question.

Rather than just saying "I don't know" or "I can't remember" I thought their might be a popular concise answer to the questions. I'm sure lots of people have completed this form in the past. If simply saying "I can't remember the details" is satisfactory, then that's how I will reply.

Cheers
  • pauln12
    pauln12 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    If you don't remember at all then that would be the correct response, If you were employed at the time you should have got some sick pay and redundancy package in your terms and conditions, or contract. The more you could prove that you could have continued to pay the loan if you were either off sick long term or made redundant, would be a bit more evidence that you did not need the PPI and were possibly miss-sold it.
    So it would be better for you to see if you can find any paperwork regarding your employment at the time, and whether you had any savings or could have had financial support from family or friends if the need had arisen. Also if you had any life insurance cover. Or maybe contact your previous employer/s to ask them what terms you had for sickness or redundancy.
  • rq9292
    rq9292 Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Saying I don't know won't necessarily harm your complaint if they find another reason to uphold your complaint
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure