IVA company has gone in to receivership

Been in my IVA for three years now. I have had some major problems with them earlier this year of harassment trying to get more money out of me when I simple can not afford it. Only just informing me this year that I am in arrears of over 3000 since Nov 2015. Just got informed this year in April 2017 about that. I have never missed a payment to the Debt management company. I made a formal written complaint awaiting outcome. Now just found out via friend who is with same company that they have gone into receivership and another company taken over but I have not signed anything legally to say I am wanting another company to deal with my IVA all documents including court orders still in old company name. They have taken this month's payment. I have sort Cab advice who state its their issue don't do anything. But I haven't been happy with the original company and this is very stressful. Can you give any advice of what you do?

Comments

• You mention IVA and DMP in the same post?

Assuming it is an IVA, your money is safe and you, and your creditors, are still bound by the terms of the IVA. Whoever has been appointed to manage the IVA's will be in touch to smooth the process over for you. This may take time of course, but I would urge you not to rock the boat at this point.

As for your arrears, I would question how you can get into £3,000 of arrears without knowing about it? There may be a logical explanation for this, but further info on that would be helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure