Dyson moneysaving ideas

I just thought I'd share a couple of moneysaving ideas about Dyson hoovers which I learnt recently when our Dyson hoover 'died'. I'm sorry if these have been mentioned before, but it was like a little lightbulb going on above my head and I had to share.

After we established it hadn't overheated, hubbie tried changing the fuse in plug (no joy) and then cut off the integral plug completely, taking about six inches of cable off as well. He then fixed a new normal plug onto it and hey presto! One working dyson. Apparently, a lot of people (me included) pull the cable out by the plug and eventually it ends up snapping the copper cable where near the plug. But a lot of people think it's died, turf it out to the tip and buy a new one.

Also, if you lose or break your attachments, again go to the tip and find a defunct Dyson. They usually have all the hoses and attachments with them and the staff will let you buy them. I've had a complete new set of attachments and have stashed a new hose in case mine breaks. All for pennies.

By the way, you can also do this for microwave turntable plates. If you break the turntable, go to the tip and find a replacement that's the same size. The staff tend to remove the plates from broken microwaves and stack them in the retail section to buy. Done this twice now after I was once stung by a microwave company to the tune of £15 for a replacement plate. :eek:
"carpe that diem"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport