Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JEnnie2017
    • By JEnnie2017 13th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JEnnie2017
    ParkingEye Parking Notice Through Europcar -Advice Please?!?!
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:25 PM
    ParkingEye Parking Notice Through Europcar -Advice Please?!?! 13th Oct 17 at 8:25 PM
    Hi,

Today I got a fine through the post, I want to contest it but I don't know how.
    I went on holiday to Newquay and I was given a courtesy car when mine broke down. I went into the car park and went and paid at the machine. I remember been two or three minutes late back to the car as my son needed his nappy changing. I got back to the car and put his buggy away and gave him a bottle and left. The letter shows the time/date i entered and left the car park. I paid to park and I am shocked that I have been given a fine.
    The first I heard of it was today when I received a letter off Europcar saying they have paid the fine and now they want 60 for the fine and 27 for the admin fee.

I genuinely cannot afford to pay it and I think the fine is completely unfair. I tried phoning ParkingEye today and there's no possibility of speaking to someone.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Jennie
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 19,269 Posts
    • 24,501 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    Eurpocar should have followed the BVRLA advice from 3 years ago and named the hirer for them to sort it out , BUT they havent

they have treated it as a fine or penalty when in fact its not

because they have paid it , its their problem and PE have been paid by the hire company , then the hire company are billing you

so your dispute is with Europcar, not PE

SO YOU WOULD NEED TO CHALLENGE THEM ON THEIR ACTIONS AND IF NECESSARY GET A CHARGEBACK AND POSSIBLT FIGHT THEM IN COURT

and remember , it is not a "fine", keep calling it that and you are sunk

put the F word out of your head and be prepared to argue the same fact with them too , because they will also call it a fine

its an invoice and they are daft enough to have paid it, instead of naming the hirer for them to sort it out
    Last edited by Redx; 13-10-2017 at 8:37 PM.
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • JEnnie2017
    • By JEnnie2017 13th Oct 17, 8:35 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JEnnie2017
    I would post a photo but I am not sure how
    Thanks
    Jennie
    • JEnnie2017
    • By JEnnie2017 13th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JEnnie2017
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:37 PM
    Europcar have said that I can contest it but I need to write to them and they can pass that over to ParkingEye I dont know how I can fight my side as I have no proof
    Thanks
    JEnnie
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 13th Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    • 37,402 Posts
    • 84,289 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    It is not a fine.

Never, ever 'phone a parking company.

Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to the Driver and The Keeper.

If the hirer paid for the hire car by credit/debit card, they need to put the payment into dispute with them first. Then complain to Europcar that the Ts and Cs of the rental agreement do not cover private parking charges, and they have breached their trade association's (BVRLA) instructions not to pay private parking charges.
    They have also taken away the renter/hirer's right to appeal the charge.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 13-10-2017 at 8:40 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Oct 17, 8:38 PM
    • 19,269 Posts
    • 24,501 Thanks
    Redx
    you would have to redact the photo and upload it to a hosting site like tinypic and put a dead URL link in your reply

its a complicated issue because your hire contract is with europcar and they have paid it as keeper of the vehicle, then claimed it back from you the hirer
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 19,269 Posts
    • 24,501 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    • 13th Oct 17, 8:41 PM
    you have done what most ill informed people have done and thrown away the proof of purchase you paid for on the day, so as you say , no proof

read this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/team-blog/2017/05/30/throwing-pay-display-ticket-away-use-cost-100/

this is one reason why MSE published that article, never mind the admin fees on top because its a hire car
    Newbies !!
    • JEnnie2017
    • By JEnnie2017 7th Nov 17, 11:49 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JEnnie2017
    • 7th Nov 17, 11:49 AM
    • 7th Nov 17, 11:49 AM
    I contacted Europcar car and they never received my email, They have taken 87 out of my bank and told me to email them any proof I have. I am disgusted that a company will pay a charge without contacting their customer first.
    They have asked for proof I paid it- I was on Holiday in Cornwall and I got home at 2am and I took the car back at 9am and put any paper in there in the bin
    Il try and contest it, hopefully i can x
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 7th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    • 7th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 5:03 PM
    I know someone who had similar happen to them.

Europcar ended up paying them 250 in compensation.

Happy to share how if you want....
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • Debbie1212
    • By Debbie1212 19th Jan 18, 2:22 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Debbie1212
    Whats the result?
    Can you advise how this concluded as i am facing a similar situation with Europcar paying PCN to
    Parking Eye?
    Last edited by Debbie1212; 19-01-2018 at 2:23 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 19th Jan 18, 9:06 AM
    • 1,013 Posts
    • 790 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    Can you please clarify....

Europcar usually pass your details onto PE and charge you 38 for doing so.

Are you saying they actually paid the PCN and then took the money off your card??
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • Kirchenmaus
    • By Kirchenmaus 19th Jan 18, 9:34 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    Kirchenmaus
    Are you going to edit your posts as requested?

--Kirchenmaus
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 19th Jan 18, 9:44 AM
    • 4,273 Posts
    • 6,071 Thanks
    Half_way
    Who's car park was it? and was the overstay really just two or three minutes?
    depending upon your answer, it may be worth pursuing the car park owner for a refund as a result of the actions of the landowners agents, parking eye.
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • LostCdn
    • By LostCdn 10th Jul 18, 3:14 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    LostCdn
    Similar issue to me but I got two fines - one for driving in a bus lane one for paying for the Dartford charge online a few hours late. I live in UK but my license is Canadian so EuropCar has sent me letters to my Canadian address (I'll go back to Canada in two years). I've paid the actual fines though they're steep. I emailed Europcar to contest one of the two 40 admin fees but they didn't accept.
    My question is can they chase me or ruin my credit in Canada? I don't have credit in the UK as I'm new here and on a few years' visa.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 10th Jul 18, 3:48 PM
    • 3,207 Posts
    • 2,126 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    1. You have hijacked someone else's thread
    2. It is from October 2017 and likely not to be updated
    3. This is a parking forum and you might get better help on pepipoo using this link
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,037Posts Today

8,258Users online

Martin's Twitter