IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye Parking Notice Through Europcar -Advice Please?!?!

Options
Hi,

Today I got a fine through the post, I want to contest it but I don't know how.
I went on holiday to Newquay and I was given a courtesy car when mine broke down. I went into the car park and went and paid at the machine. I remember been two or three minutes late back to the car as my son needed his nappy changing. I got back to the car and put his buggy away and gave him a bottle and left. The letter shows the time/date i entered and left the car park. I paid to park and I am shocked that I have been given a fine.
The first I heard of it was today when I received a letter off Europcar saying they have paid the fine and now they want £60 for the fine and £27 for the admin fee.

I genuinely cannot afford to pay it and I think the fine is completely unfair. I tried phoning ParkingEye today and there's no possibility of speaking to someone.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
Jennie

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 October 2017 at 8:37PM
    Options
    Eurpocar should have followed the BVRLA advice from 3 years ago and named the hirer for them to sort it out , BUT they havent

they have treated it as a fine or penalty when in fact its not

because they have paid it , its their problem and PE have been paid by the hire company , then the hire company are billing you

so your dispute is with Europcar, not PE

SO YOU WOULD NEED TO CHALLENGE THEM ON THEIR ACTIONS AND IF NECESSARY GET A CHARGEBACK AND POSSIBLT FIGHT THEM IN COURT

and remember , it is not a "fine", keep calling it that and you are sunk

put the F word out of your head and be prepared to argue the same fact with them too , because they will also call it a fine

its an invoice and they are daft enough to have paid it, instead of naming the hirer for them to sort it out
  • JEnnie2017
    Options
    I would post a photo but I am not sure how
    Thanks
    Jennie
  • JEnnie2017
    Options
    Europcar have said that I can contest it but I need to write to them and they can pass that over to ParkingEye :( I dont know how I can fight my side as I have no proof :(
    Thanks
    JEnnie
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 October 2017 at 8:40PM
    Options
    It is not a fine.

Never, ever 'phone a parking company.

Edit your post to remove information about who did what. Only ever refer to the Driver and The Keeper.

If the hirer paid for the hire car by credit/debit card, they need to put the payment into dispute with them first. Then complain to Europcar that the Ts and Cs of the rental agreement do not cover private parking charges, and they have breached their trade association's (BVRLA) instructions not to pay private parking charges.
    They have also taken away the renter/hirer's right to appeal the charge.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Redx
    Options
    you would have to redact the photo and upload it to a hosting site like tinypic and put a dead URL link in your reply

its a complicated issue because your hire contract is with europcar and they have paid it as keeper of the vehicle, then claimed it back from you the hirer
  • Redx
    Options
    you have done what most ill informed people have done and thrown away the proof of purchase you paid for on the day, so as you say , no proof

read this

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/team-blog/2017/05/30/throwing-pay-display-ticket-away-use-cost-100/

this is one reason why MSE published that article, never mind the admin fees on top because its a hire car
  • JEnnie2017
    Options
    I contacted Europcar car and they never received my email, They have taken £87 out of my bank and told me to email them any proof I have. I am disgusted that a company will pay a charge without contacting their customer first.
    They have asked for proof I paid it- I was on Holiday in Cornwall and I got home at 2am and I took the car back at 9am and put any paper in there in the bin :(
    Il try and contest it, hopefully i can x
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    I know someone who had similar happen to them.

Europcar ended up paying them £250 in compensation.

Happy to share how if you want....
  • Debbie1212
    Debbie1212 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 19 January 2018 at 3:23AM
    Options
    Can you advise how this concluded as i am facing a similar situation with Europcar paying PCN to
    Parking Eye?
  • Computersaysno
    Options
    Can you please clarify....

Europcar usually pass your details onto PE and charge you £38 for doing so.

Are you saying they actually paid the PCN and then took the money off your card??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure